The ASU Health Services - Insurance department is seeking for an Insurance Biller/Credentialing full-time position. The primary focus is to ensure the accurate and timely posting of Electronic Remittance Files (ERAs), explanation of benefits (EOBs), payer correspondence, patient payments, and all other deposit information to the practice management system. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all critical tasks are fulfilled on a timely and high-quality basis.
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes:
- Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
Days and Schedule: This position is a Full-time position from Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM.
Work location is at the ASU Tempe campus
Clerical & Admin Support
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$15.76 - $20.19 per hour; DOE
- Complies fully with all medical records and information privacy regulations, local, state and federal.Verifies patient balances
- Mails and emails patient statements and invoices
- Prepares adjustments to billings for approval by management.
- Communicates accurately, clearly and professionally with providers and payers, in writing and verbally.
- Reviews, adjusts and processes remittance advice forms by verifying accuracy and completeness of forms to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement by third party payers of services rendered.
- Posts ERA files edits, rejections, allowances, and adjustments in accordance with established guidelines.
- Posts all patient payments, including time-of-service, credit card, cash, and check payments, following the departmental processes and guidelines.
- Balances electronic and manual posting to the bank deposits daily.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Answers all payer inquiries on a rapid and accurate basis.
- Performs follow up as needed to ensure reimbursement of all charges.
- Handles secondary claims under "client responsibility".
- Provides internal and external correspondence scanning/handling.
- Reviews client registration information for updates and/or changes to primary and secondary insurance coverage for billing accuracy purposes.
- Issues client notifications of billing information as required, performs insurance verifications, and maintains all claim activity data.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities in order to accomplish all critical tasks and responsibilities.
Three (3) years of office/clerical experience, which includes one (1) year in a directly related function; OR,Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in using computers effectively including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen, and using mouse and keyboard
- Experience in working in an office setting and use office equipment (e.g. scanners, printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones)
- Experience in sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Communicate effectively
- Use computers effectively including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen, and using mouse and keyboard
- Work in an office setting and use office equipment (e.g. scanners, printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones)
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
The mission of the ASU Health Services is to provide high-quality health care that is accessible, affordable and compassionate in order to ensure the well-being and educational success of students at Arizona State University. Through our internal and external academic partners, the ASU Health Services faculty and staff are an integral part of the New American University. ASU Health Services is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. ASU Health Services is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. ASU Health Services facilities are beautiful, modern, efficient, and utilize an electronic health record. ASU Health Services works with our other wellness departments to create a healthy campus model and our physicians and nurse practitioners play a key role working with student leaders.
We are a coordinated group, practicing medicine with staff board certified physicians (with specialties in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, sports medicine, rheumatology, and adolescent medicine) and board certified nurse practitioners. To learn more about Health Services, please visit our website at http://eoss.asu.edu/health .
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Professor/Director Bermuda Institute Of Ocean Sciences, Arizona State University /School of Ocean Futures, Bermuda, 2 days ago
Arizona State University (ASU, www.asu.edu) is searching for the next director of the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS, http://www.bios.edu/), located in Bermuda. BIOS is a research cent...
Manager, Food Product And Safety Laboratory (Fpsl), The University of Arizona, United States, 12 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Manager, Food Product and Safety Laboratory (FPSL) 2 Locations Available | req12374 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these locations: Tucson, AZ, Uni...
Student Support Coordinator Iii (Pharmacy Administration)(Multiple Locations), The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Student Support Coordinator III (Pharmacy Administration)(Multiple Locations) 2 Locations Available | req12326 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these...
Animal Technician Ii (Farm Supervisor), The University of Arizona, United States, 10 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Animal Technician II (Farm Supervisor) 2 Locations Available | req12544 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these locations: Tucson, AZ, United States T...
Assistant Professor Of Practice, Religious Studies And Classics, The University of Arizona, United States, 25 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Assistant Professor of Practice, Religious Studies and Classics United States | req12317 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assistant Professor of Practice, Religious S...
Rep Patient Services, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 12 days ago
Department: Patient Financial Services FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Responsible for all patient accounts receivable functions as assigned. Reconcile, research, correct and su...