Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University’s Office of Mission and Ministry advances the Ignatian heritage, the Catholic identity, and the Jesuit mission of Georgetown University. As part of this mission, the office supports the largest multi-faith Campus Ministry in the country, as well as the religiously diverse Office of Mission and Pastoral Care at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
The Assistant Director for Interreligious Engagement supports the strategic leadership and day-to-day operations of the offices of Mission and Ministry, including the office of the Vice President, Campus Ministry and Mission and Pastoral Care at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. S/he supports department leadership in the development, communication, execution, and evaluation of the department’s mission and strategic goals. Reporting directly to the Managing Director and supervising the Office Manager, Hospitality Coordinator, and the Interreligious Coordinator, the Assistant Director has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists department leadership in the development, communication, execution, and evaluation of the department’s mission and strategic goals.
- Supports the development and implementation of effective department policies and procedures in consultation with department leadership.
- Develops and manages CRM, assessment and reporting systems, including training staff and student employees on implementation, managing the annual reporting.
- Improves business processes for efficient and effective operation, and coordinates department trainings.
- Supervises and supports department administrative staff.
- Manages projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Facilitates and advises on interreligious programs and initiatives, with an emphasis on advancing Campus Ministry support for students with complex, multi-faith, or no religious identity, as well as underrepresented religious constituencies.
- Provides interreligious content and logistics support to 2-4 retreats annually.
- Staffs Interfaith Advisory Board of Georgetown faculty and staff; strengthening communication between university areas dedicated to interreligious understanding.
- Researches and supports opportunities for regular collaboration with academic and non-academic departments on campus that improve outreach potential and the quality of department offerings.
- Supports the Communications & Outreach Coordinator and other department leaders in strategic campus engagement.
- Supervises the interreligious coordinator.
- Assists the Managing Director in overseeing department budget, including support for the annual budget development process.
- Facilitates communication and coordination between department and CBO staff, supporting the implementation of appropriate procedures and controls and ensuring compliance with university policies.
- Supports department leadership and CBO staff in identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Manages financial approval, recruitment, hiring, and the onboarding process for all department positions in consultation with hiring managers and Managing Director, and in collaboration with HR Client Services Partner and CBO Human Capital Management (HCM) staff.
- Ensures department recruitment practices are optimized to attract and retain the best applicants.
- Maintains the department policies and procedures manual in consultation with senior leadership and consistent with university policies, coordinating relevant staff trainings as needed.
- Serves as the GMS timekeeper for department.
Facilities, Equipment and Technology
- Manages maintenance and equipment purchases, including furniture for all department spaces and offices, as well as sacred spaces.
- Assists department leadership in ensuring effective and strategic use of limited office space.
- Supports the Calcagnini Contemplative Center operations as needed.
- Supports the coordination of department capital projects.
- Oversees department technology needs, including computers, cell phone purchases, and printer leases.
- Maintains tracking inventory of all department technology.
- Master’s degree in Religious Studies, Higher Education, or a related field
- Some training in business administration; 3+ years of relevant experience in a higher education context, supervisory experience preferred
- Competence in budgeting and project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to work in close collaboration with religious professionals of all religious traditions
- CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Assistant Professor Of Political Economy Or Business Economics, With A Regional Focus On Europe, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CGES [#14205] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...
Assistant Professor Of The Politics Of The Arab World, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CCAS [#14305] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor In Public Management, McCourt School of Public Policy, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -McCourt -PUBMANPROF [#14127] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subj...
Tenure Track Faculty In Ethics And Public Policy, McCourt School of Public Policy, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position ID:Georgetown -McCourt -ETHICS [#14167] Position Title: Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Ethics Public Policy Appl Deadline:2...
Education Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 13 hours ago
22-Aug-2019 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 50256BR Job Code 388057 Museum Professional Duties & Responsibilities The Education Manager will support existing programming and lead the design and imple...
International Development Project Associate, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 3 hours ago
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a US-based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Devel...