Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The ASU School of Public Affairs is seeking an experienced, motivated, and personable Office Coordinator to support day-to-day operations. This position provides administrative services, event planning support, and website and social media oversight. Oversees the welcome desk, ensuring friendly and informative customer service to students, faculty, staff, and members of the public; monitors and responds to service requests; provides information about school programs and events. Supervises 2-4 part-time student employees.
The successful candidate must be skilled in maintaining effective working relationships among a diverse population. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Academic Services.
Advising & Admissions
School Of Public Affairs
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$46,000 - $52,000 per year; DOE
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the welcome desk and general office, performing a high level of customer service and support to students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Provides information about the programs and events of the School of Public Affairs; coordinates with staff and faculty as needed.
- Monitors and responds promptly to emails, phone calls, in-person, and system inquiries; finds solutions to issues.
- Schedules appointments, maintains office and staff calendars, coordinates the use of the office space and equipment, orders supplies and materials, books conference rooms and classrooms.
- Supervises, schedules, trains, and evaluates assigned student workers.
- Supports the School of Public Affairs by planning events, both internal and external, including but not limited to staff luncheons, student recruitment functions, and alumni forums.
- Reserves spaces, arranges catering, secures parking.
- Creates registration processes. Develops announcements and various communications.
- Sets up event space as needed.
Website, Social Media
- Monitors the webpages of the School of Public Affairs; identifies information needs, updates content, ensures timely posting of news and events.
- Oversees the creation and posting of social media content for the School of Public Affairs.
- Represents the School of Public Affairs and Watts College of Public Service & Community Solutions, supporting the school and college, and improving effectiveness throughout the University and community.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND one (1) year of related experience; OR,
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office and administrative practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education policies and procedures.
- Experience with coordinating and organizing events.
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Evidence of effective problem-solving skills.
- Experience in using organizational skills and being detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Google Suite, Salesforce, Workday.
- Activities are typically performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
- On occasion, will work outside in extreme temperatures and in a dirty environment.
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The School of Public Affairs advances excellence in governance by creating, sharing, and applying knowledge of public administration. In support of this mission, we are committed to enabling students to analyze public problems, communicate, collaborate, make decisions, and manage public institutions effectively, ethically, and democratically; teaching and providing continuing education at times and locations appropriate for working students and practitioners; identifying emerging public issues, applying research to public programs, disseminating information, and proposing solutions to public problems; assisting public, private, and nonprofit organizations; facilitating community discourse on public issues; contributing to public affairs scholarship; and fostering the next generation of public affairs scholars.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 22 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Global Professor Of Practice, Law (Vietnam), The University of Arizona, United States, 30 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Vietnam | req14667 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Posting Number req14667 De...
Scholarships & Grants Administrative Assistant (Federal Work Study), Bellevue University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Primary Function: Under the direct supervision of the Director, Scholarships & Grants, the position is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Scholarship and Grants Program De...
Maintenance Crew Person, Bellevue University, United States, 42 minutes ago
Primary Function: The Maintenance Crewperson is responsible for performing general building maintenance. The maintenance crewperson will also conduct PMCS on pumps, generators, HVAC, and other Uni...
Program Manager, Ma In Urban Leadership And Doctorate Of Public Policy, Greenspun College Of Urban Affairs [R0136765], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 5 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Program Manager, MA in Urban Leadership and Doctorate of Public Policy, Greenspun College of Urban Affairs [R0136765]. ROLE of the POSI...
Security Officer (Part Time), Bellevue University, United States, 44 minutes ago
Primary Function: The Security Officer provides customer service, greets, assists, and answers inquiries and concerns of employees, students, and visitors. The position is responsible for protect...