Reporting to the Office Manager, Capital Giving, the Office Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of Gift Planning and acts as a point of contact for alumni, parents, and friends of Princeton, including many of the university's most important donors and volunteers. The role provides administrative support to multiple frontline fundraisers as well as the Capital Giving Office Manager as needed, including correspondence, calendaring, expense management, and preparation of materials for presentations. This role handles confidential correspondence and gift information including information related to gift planning instrument
- Provides administrative support to multiple gift officers including scheduling and calendaring, answering phones and assisting callers, organizing and maintaining files, monitoring correspondence, distributing paperwork to appropriate parties and files.
- Manages gift officer travel including making travel arrangements, assembling materials for trips, completing expense reports and other trip follow-up materials.
- Provides planning and logistical support for on-campus visits by donors and volunteers.
- Enters and tracks information in the Advancement database related to prospect management activity.
- Extracts information for gift officers from Advancement systems (e.g. database, reporting and dashboard tools) related to prospect activity, activity metrics, engagement and outreach.
- Coordinates welcome packets, sympathy letters and other correspondence related to 1746 gift society.
- Enters and tracks information in the Advancement database related to 1746 gift society membership program.
- Enters and tracks information related to proposals, appeals and bequest intentions.
- Uses PGCalc software to identify potential gift values for proposals.
- Creates and edit customized documents including memos, agendas, spreadsheets, and minutes.
- Proofreads, edits and finalize customized correspondence, including proposals, gift agreements, presentations, and reports for distribution to donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Undertakes special projects and performs other assignments as given by supervisors.
- Provides administration support to Office Manager on an as needed basis.
- Assists with cross-departmental initiatives as needed.
- High School degree or equivalent required and at least three years of relevant practical experience required, preferably working in a fast-paced office for one or more managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism, working to high standards representative of Princeton’s commitment to excellence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and in teams. Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, problem solve, and make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Discretion, good judgment, and commitment to data and information confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including: high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Applications, (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); ability to conduct basic web research.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to produce high-quality and compelling work product under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with a high degree of flexibility in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Commitment to the Office of Development’s mission of maximizing philanthropic support for Princeton University and to adhering to its guiding principles of High Performance, Innovation, Civility, and Collaboration.
- Law firm, financial services, or trust administration experience a plus.
- Prior experience with databases, reporting and dashboard tools a plus.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.
Postdoctoral Research Associate On Decadal To Centennial Scale Sea Level Rise , Princeton University, United States, 4 days ago
The Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Program at Princeton University, in association with NOAA's Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) and Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and ...
Postdoctoral Research Associate(S) – Climate Change And Infectious Diseases, High Meadows Environmental Institute, United States, about 20 hours ago
The High Meadows Environmental Institute, through a collaboration with the Departments of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Geosciences, invite applications for a post-doctoral position or more...
Research Position On Precipitation Trends, Princeton University, United States, 4 days ago
Modeling and Understanding the Observed Multidecadal to Century-Scale Trends at Regional-to-Global Scales The Cooperative Institute for Modeling the Earth System (CIMES) at Princeton University, i...
Visiting Research Scientists , Princeton University, United States, about 20 hours ago
In collaboration with NOAA's Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL), the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Program at Princeton University solicits applications to its Visiting Research Scien...
Edit/Media Assistant, Rutgers University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Edit/Media Assistant Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Mktg & Communication Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiat...
Clinical Adminintrative Assistant, Rutgers University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Clinical Adminintrative Assistant Posting Number 21TM0120 Department Counseling Center - Nwk Overview Posting Summary Rutgers University-Newark, an urban...