Job TitleOccupational Health Program Coordinator
AgencyTexas A&M Agrilife Research
DepartmentResearch Director Programs
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an EHS-related discipline such as occupational health, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, public health, or biological sciences.
- Four years of occupational health, research compliance, or other related health and safety experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masters of Science in biological sciences, biology, public health or other related field
- Two years of records management in the health or medical field
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal regulatory requirements for animal research, biohazardous materials, bloodborne pathogens, etc.
- Knowledge of respiratory protection requirements
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Coordinate an Occupational Health Program for animal and chemical users at off-campus AgriLife Research and Extension Centers in compliance with federal regulations and guidelines and institutional policies to support research protocols. Interpret and review federal requirements in relation to animal research, and biohazardous and chemical activities.
- Coordinate occupational health administrative processes.
- Coordinate AACUC administrative duties, including data base management, reviewer assignments, tracking progress of AUP’s, send reminders to PI’s and AACUC members of deadlines, schedule meetings/inspections, while also recording minutes of meetings
- Interpret guidelines such as the CDC’s Biosafety in the Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL), the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Texas A&M AgriLife and Texas A&M University System policies and governing safety.
- Review research protocols and provide occupational health and safety feedback to the AACUC
- Develop and coordinate occupational health documentation to include standard operating procedures, forms, occupational health enrollment, medical review forms, and other forms or documents as needed.
- Develop a respiratory protection program and provide respiratory protection training as needed to employees for animal and chemical activities.
- Maintain records for all occupational health activities.
- Work with the TAMUS contracted occupational health provider and other outside health providers as needed to ensure occupational health requirements are met for employees.
- Investigate exposures related to animal and/or chemical use.
- Maintain the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program for AgriLife. Maintain records and trainings. Perform routine checks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Technician Iii Glaser Lab, TAMHSC, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Title Technician III - Glaser Lab Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Medical Physiology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Upstream Process Development Specialist 2, TAMHSC, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Title Upstream Process Development Specialist-2 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Cnt For Innovation in adv Dev & Manufacturing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate ...
Part Time Faculty Agricultural Sciences (Animal Science/Wildlife), Blinn College, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2022001F Position Title Part-Time Faculty - Agricultural Science...
Program Director, TAMHSC, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Program Director Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Healthy South Texas Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Associate Director Of Workforce Development Conferences, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Associate Director of Workforce Development Conferences Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, T...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Environmental And Occupational Health Proposed Minimum Salary $18.30 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas ...