A higher degree of healthcare.
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is valued and honored.
As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD, Center for Advanced Reconstruction and Rehabilitation (CARER), and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region.
Join Harborview Medical Center for an outstanding opportunity as a Nursing Technician.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Nursing Technician (Nurse Tech) functions in an ancillary role to:
- Assist the RN in providing direct care
- Collect and document data gathered during the delivery of care
- Communicate abnormal findings and changes in patient condition to the supervising RN, and
- Collaborate with the other disciplines as appropriate to provide continuity of patient care from admission to discharge in support of the medical and nursing plans of care
The Nursing Technician may perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: transporting patients, supplies and specimens; ordering and stocking supplies, and coordinating clerical and reception activities.
Currently we are hiring for the October 2021 Orientation(there is a required initial Two day class orientation.
Day One : Tuesday, 10/26/21, 2:00pm - 5:00pm Virtual
Day Two : Wednesday, 10/27/2021, 3:00 pm - 7:15pm In-Person
- Must be currently enrollment in a Washington State Board of Nursing approved Nursing Education Program and have completed at least one clinical rotation by the start of Orientation.
- CPR certification is required.
**Harborview Acute Care, Psychiatry and ICU Unit Descriptions:
Acute Care Units:
• 3EH, 3 East Hospital- Medicine/Telemetry - is a 32 bed acute care unit that works with a multidisciplinary care team to care for patients with a wide range of complex medical/surgical problems that often encompasses chronic underlying conditions, cardiac issues, substance abuse, and socioeconomic difficulties.
3WH - Neuro/Tele (Neuroscience) is a 45 bed acute care unit floor specializes in the management of acute trauma and acute vascular disease, patients with aneurysms, as well as other neurosurgical problems such as brain tumors and spinal disorders. 3WH also provides expert management of stroke and epilepsy patients.
• 4EH, 4 East Hospital- Medicine/Telemetry/Oncology -Provides safe, quality care for acutely ill adult patients experiencing a wide range of complex medical and surgical problems, including the COVID19 patient population.
• 4WH --4W Inpatient Trauma Rehabilitation provides care 24 hours a day to our rehabilitation inpatients with therapy provided 3-6 hours per day, 6 days per week. Inpatient rehabilitation is provided for stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and disease, multiple trauma, and burns. In addition to our rehabilitation patients, we have 4 medical-surgical beds for acute care patients who are potential rehabilitation candidates but not yet ready for rehabilitation and for the post-operative stay of our sacral flap patients.
• 5EH, 5 East Hospital- Medicine/Surgical/Telemetry- Provide quality care to a wide range of complex and acutely ill patients, primarily medicine, cardiology and surgical and vascular patients requiring telemetry monitoring.
• 6EH, 6 East Hospital Trauma/Orthopedic- is a 26-bed unit specializing in acute care level orthopedic injuries as well as medicine and other general surgery patients. Patients have typically sustained complex orthopedic injuries including fractures of the spine, pelvis, long bones, hands or feet.
6 East Hospital also specializes in the care of patients who have undergone replantation surgeries and flap procedures.
• 6MB, 6 Maleng Bldg.- Planned Surgery- is a 30 bed unit includes med/surg/ortho/neuro/trauma- Common surgeries include complex foot and ankle surgeries including total ankle, complex spine surgery, neurosurgery. Caring for patients from all of the surgical specialties (except burns). Exposure to a broad range of patient cases.
• 7EH, 7 East Hospital –Trauma/Surgery - staff members work as an interdisciplinary team to provide safe, quality care for adult, geriatric and adolescent trauma, general surgery, and vascular surgery patients. These patients have unique challenges often encompassing complex wound care, substance abuse and chronic underlying conditions. The unit staff consists of RNs with assistive nursing support staff.
• 8EH, 8 East Hospital- Acute Care Burns/ Plastics and Pediatric Trauma- is a 24-bed unit that is a part of the Regional Burn Center and Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma center for the WAMI Region. Our staff are specialized in caring for adult and pediatric patients with burns, complex wound care and pediatric trauma. We work closely with multidisciplinary teams and utilize their expertise in order to provide holistic and patient family-centered care to ensure the best possible outcome for our patients.
• Inpatient Psychiatry – Acute Care units - 5WA & 5WB- 5 West A&B Hospital and 5MB – 5 Maleng Bldg. - Psychiatry ICU inpatient psychiatric care unit -- For individuals who need immediate and intensive mental health care. Staffed by an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, chemical dependency counselors, pharmacists, recreational therapists and occupational therapists and peer support specialists, we offer both voluntary and involuntary admissions for people experiencing a broad range of severe and persistent psychotic and mood disorders, substance use disorders and personality disorders.
Intensive Care Units (ICU):
• 2EH, 2 East Hospital- ICU - Medical Cardiac ICU unit - is a 17 bed unit providing care to critically-ill patients with conditions related to multi-system organ failure; gastrointestinal disease; blood infections/sepsis; cancer; cardiac disease; lung disease; kidney disease; liver disease.
• 2WH, 2 West Hospital - ICU - Neuroscience ICU unit - is a 30 bed unit, is a major referral unit for neurological surgery and neurology services. The Neuro ICU provides specialized intensive nursing care to patients with complex neurological deficits and injuries. We serve adult victims of severe head and spinal cord injury, diseases and disorders of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves, and a growing elective neurosurgery population.
• 9EH, 9 East Hospital- ICU – Burn/Pediatric ICU unit - is an 18 bed unit, serves as the Regional Burn Center and Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center for the region. Comprehensive care is provided to pediatric and adult patients with burn, plastic, trauma, neurosurgery, medical and neurologic injuries.
• 9MB, 9 Maleng Bldg – ICU - Trauma/Surgery ICU unit - is a 24 bed unit for patients with multi-system, traumatic injuries. Patient management presents challenges in respiratory, thoracic, vascular, neurologic and orthopedic care.
Data Management Specialist – Trawl Video Reviewer (21 1159): Washington, Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, United States, 4 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPacific States Marine Fisheries CommissionLocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryPart Time VacanciesSalary$25.00/hou...
Fisheries Biologist Dutch Harbor Ak, Alaskan Observers Inc., United States, 4 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyAlaskan Observers Inc.LocationDutch Harbor AK/Seattle WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary4263 plus room ...
Assistant Professor Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, United States, 2 days ago
Location Seattle, WA Open Date Oct 5, 2021 Deadline Nov 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time Description The UW Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) invites applications for an Ass...
Data Management Specialist 2 – Fisheries Monitoring And Analysis (21 1155), Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, United States, 17 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPacific States Marine Fisheries CommissionLocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$23.01-$24...
It Support Specialist, Seattle, Campus, Northeastern University, United States, about 14 hours ago
This role will provide technology support (in-person, electronically, or by phone), training, and consultation to faculty, staff, students, and partners at Northeastern, including computer, audiov...
Harmful Algal Toxins In Food Webs Modeler: Seattle, Wa, Saltwater Inc., United States, 10 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencySaltwater Inc.LocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalarySalary commensurate with experience. M...