**Completes the “Core Skills Assessment” upon hire.
• Sets up patients’ rooms for transfers or admissions. Removes equipment/supplies upon
• Sets up and complies with isolation precautions.
• Complies with UI Health infection control guidelines.
• Introduces self to the patient and family, provides patients with admission/information
pack, and provides assistance as needed.
• Orients patient and family to room including explaining visiting hours, bed functions, and
use of television, telephone, and call light.
• Assists with patient transfer or discharge as assigned, ensuring that all patient
belongings go with the patient.
~Provides post-mortem care
• Responds to patient call lights
• Measures and records vital signs, notifies RN or LPN of any abnormalities/changes.
• Measures and records weight and height.
• Monitors and reinforces use of incentive spirometer, deep breathing and coughing.
• Inspects patient’s skin and notifies RN or LPN of any abnormalities or changes.
• Maintains fall precautions, including bed-alarms.
• Prepares patients for diagnostic and therapeutic tests as directed by the RN or LPN.
• Applies simple dressings as directed by the RN or LPN.
• Maintains oxygen therapy as directed.
• Safely operates patient care equipment such as SCDs, pulse oximeters, specialty
beds, weighing devices, and cardiac chairs.
• Empties drains and documents amount and color of drainage in the Electronic Health
• Performs range of motion, assists with patient mobilization (chair, transfers, turning and
• Collects and labels in front of patient various specimens including sputum, urine and
• Performs Point of Care testing as assigned.
• Provides care for incontinent patients promoting skin integrity and utilizing appropriate
• Assists patients with meeting hydration and nutritional needs.
• Records intake and output amounts, performs calorie counts and provides meal
• Positions patient for oral intake to prevent aspiration.
• Monitors and reinforces fluid restrictions.
• Performs a.m. or p.m. care, including back rubs, oral hygiene, making occupied
and unoccupied beds. Prepares patient for OR, assists with bed baths, and assists
patient with other activities of daily living.
• Upon validation of competency, may perform phlebotomy.
• Receives assignment from RN and consults and contributes to the patient’s plan of
• Documents patient information in EHR (vital signs, nursing care provided, intake and
• Reinforces patient teaching provided by nurse.
• Acts as a patient / family advocate by providing comfort, assistance and information.
• Provides feedback to RN or LPN on patient care and condition as directed.
• Performs duties of Patient Care Companion when needed.
• Demonstrates a commitment to UI Health values through teamwork and effective
communication in an effort to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer
satisfaction and a clean, safe and therapeutic environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Postdoctoral Fellowships (F/M/X) Computational Cancer Biology, University Hospital of Cologne, Germany, 2 days ago
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future - the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 59 clin...
Spiritual Health Associate Chaplain Prn Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Emory University, United States, 9 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Access Associate Senior , University of Virginia, United States, 17 days ago
UVA Lake Monticello Primary Care in Palmyra, VA is seeking a family medicine physician to provide full spectrum care. Lake Monticello is a small community within 30 minutes of downtown Charlottesv...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Superconducting Qubits, Aalto University, Finland, 21 days ago
Aalto University is where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs in and across our disciplines, sparking the game changers of ...
Doctoral Student Positions In Robotics And Learning, Aalto University, Finland, 20 days ago
Future robots need to possess human-like capabilities in areas such as perception, decision making, and reasoning. The Intelligent Robotics group (https://irobotics.aalto.fi ) at Aalto University’...
Pd Eng Position In Prototype Implementation For Ml Ready Video Delivery Operations, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 4 days ago
The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) programme Business & IT (BIT) offers you a 2-year position combining post MSc education and a design project to be carried out at video service pr...