Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Division: Pulmonary and Critical Care
Location: Froedtert Hospital
Workweek: 8-5, M-F; Varies based on business need
Supervising/Collaborating Physician: Julie Biller, MD
Administrator: Brenda Lund
Provides primary or specialty health care services within defined scope of practice in collaboration with a licensed physician and in accordance with MCW/FMLH/CHW policies and procedures.
DIVISION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s Degree (appropriate education and experience may be substituted on equivalent basis)
- Zero years of experience required
- Previous experience in an outpatient pulmonary setting is a plus.
(Must be current and maintained) Department Specific Certifications/Licenses
- Wisconsin RN license
- Wisconsin Advance Practice Nurse Prescriber License
- Certification as Advance Practice Nurse
- Makes appropriate decisions based on education, analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Uses methods that effectively solve difficult problems, explores available resources for answers, identifies obscure problems.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Prioritizes. Completes work by required deadlines. Manages and coordinates a wide range of activities.
- Focuses on essentials. Identifies and manages critical needs, and appropriately postpones or delegates less critical activities. Creates focus, identifies impediments to goals for care.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Is approachable. Listens. Displays sensitivity, patience, diplomacy and tact in relationships. Builds rapport.
- Relates appropriately to a variety of people in all positions. Creates effective team relationships. Diffuses high stress situations.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings. Creates effective documents and messages.
Practice-based Learning and Improvement
- Applies current research and evidence based practice guidelines to own practice.
- Identifies personal strengths and areas for improvement. Seeks feedback. Gains insight from mistakes. Is open to constructive criticism and is not defensive. Is receptive to discussing areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the work at the highest level of accomplishment.
- Incorporates other resources in system to provide optimal health care.
- Adheres to ethical principles. Is widely trusted, direct and truthful. Maintains patient confidentiality. Keeps confidences. Owns mistakes. Does not misrepresent self for personal gain.
Employment in this position is contingent upon successfully passing
Background, criminal history and caregiver misconduct check in accordance with the Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check Law
Manual Dexterity: Work requires accuracy and moderate speed.
Physical Effort: Work requires considerable variety of fairly steady active physical exertion with some and/or continuous standing or walking.
Working Conditions: May include exposure to conditions requiring the use of personal protective equipment.
Hazards: Exposure to hazards that may result in short-term work-related absences. Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements. Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate changing business needs.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Dental Assistant Graduate Periodontics, Marquette University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Posting Number 201102515 Position Title Dental Assistant - Graduate Periodontics Employment Status Full Time Position Status Regular If Limited Term (End Date ...
Health And Wellness Manager, Marquette University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Posting Number NA00794 Position Information Position Title Health and Wellness Manager Employment Status Full Time Position Status Regular If Limited Term (End Date...
Director, Counseling Services/L, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Information Posting Details Official Job Title DIRECTOR, COUNSELING SERVICES/L Working Title: Counseling Director Position Number 01305609 Division Student Affairs Department B0350 STUDEN...
Associate, No Prefix, Or Sr. Accountant, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Information Posting Details Official Job Title Associate, No Prefix, or Sr. Accountant Working Title: Grants and Contracts Accountant Position Number 01265847 Division Office of Research ...
Public Safety Officer, Marquette University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Posting Number NA00799 Position Information Position Title Public Safety Officer Employment Status Full Time Position Status Regular If Limited Term (End Date of As...
Central Sterilization Technician, Marquette University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Posting Number 201102516 Position Title Central Sterilization Technician Employment Status Part Time Position Status Regular If Limited Term (End Date of Assig...