UTHealth Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is hiring a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join the Trauma and Resilience Center team!
At the T rauma and Resilience Center (TRC), UT Physicians Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic offers support, recovery and hope to military members and veterans who may be suffering from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of combat exposure, deployment stress, military separation and other traumatic experiences. In addition, the TRC provides behavioral health care to military spouses, children and other family members as part of the comprehensive and integrated approach to treatment.
Informed by the latest advances in research and treatment, the Trauma and Resilience Center is dedicated to helping military members, veterans and their loved ones overcome trauma, develop resilience and improve their quality of life.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a comprehensive practice setting under the direction of a collaborating physician. This NP may make house calls, follow patient load through hospital and/or clinic episodes, or monitor in-patients in specialized settings other than surgical or acute care.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs relevant patient assessments and physical examinations.
2. Coordinates, directs, and implements patient’s plan of care.
3. May make house calls, follow patient load through hospital and/or clinic episodes, or monitor in-patients in specialized settings other than surgical or acute care.
4. Orders, conducts, and interprets pertinent laboratory and diagnostic studies and procedures.
5. Makes medical recommendations and/or referrals.
6. Formulates, implements, and evaluates an outcome-based treatment plan.
7. Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient’s treatment plans and outcomes.
8. Facilitates patient education relating to medical processes, medication, nutrition, and health promotion.
9. Collaborates with patients, families, other clinicians, and referral services to assist in the patient’s recovery.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current Texas Licensure as an APRN-NP (Psychiatric APRN preferred)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or specialty certification as required by department.
- Masters in Nursing as NP or Masters in Nursing with completion of a post-masters Nurse Practitioner Certification Program.
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP needed for this role)
- Mental Health Training strongly preferred .
- Previous experience in Pediatrics strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Instructor Nurse Practitioner Cardiology , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 3 days ago
Title: Instructor - Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology Division: Medicine Schedule: Work Location: McNair Campus, Houston, TX Salary Range: FLSA Status: Requisition ID: 4782 Job Purpose Provides adva...
Clinical Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant Cedars Sinai Medical Center 12hr, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 20 days ago
Requisition # 20003264AApply Now When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of hap...
Part Time Faculty Pool College Of Health Sciences, Arcadia University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in Greater Philadelphia and a national leader in study abroad and international education. Approximately 3,900 students study at Arcadia, with...
Registered Nurse Ii , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 3 days ago
Title: Registered Nurse II Division: Medicine Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Work Location: McNair Campus, Houston, TX Salary Range: $55,779- $70,243 FLSA Status: Exempt Requisition ...
Program Coordinator 2, University of Houston, United States, about 20 hours ago
Program Coordinator 2 - (STA006390) Program Coordinator 2 Organization : H0218 Veteran's Services Description Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing program at ...
Registered Nurse I , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 3 days ago
Title: Registered Nurse I Division: Otolaryngology Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Work Location: McNair Campus, Houston, TX Salary Range: $50,251- $63,700 FLSA Status: Exempt Requisi...