- Requisition Number: 41823
- Department: MEDICAL CENTER
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Full Time
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Your major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct 6 clinical sessions per week. A session is typically 4 hours (8-12 or 1-5).
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient’s electronic medical record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive or negative findings.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies, imaging studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Assist in teaching students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures that are unique to this specific clinical setting.
- Functions independently to perform a complete history and physical exam.
- Formulates a treatment plan.
- Uses evidence-based practice guidelines and assessment tools.
- Prescribe medication and treatments.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Completes documentation and patient billing per PDC policy.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates patient and family education.
- Determines eligibility of patient for entry into clinical trials.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Provides symptom management.
- Provides on-call coverage as coordinated with physician and weekend call as assigned through the Melanoma Program Medical Oncology rotation.
- First call for practice with oncology centralized triage.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.The Melanoma group is partnered with Sarcoma, Thoracic, Head & Neck, and Endocrine within medical oncology to help provide clinical coverage between smaller teams; In the future, this position might be asked to support those other groups.
Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. State of North Carolina licensure is also required.
Work requires no previous experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Research Scientist, Biology, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Biology -AS_RS [#16533, 1826] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biology / Cell Biology Appl...
Research Scientist, Evolutionary Anthropology, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -EVANTH -RSCIPONTZER1 [#16522, Pontzer] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Physiology Evoluti...
Research Scientist In The Baru, Social Science Research Institute, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -SSRI -RSBARU072020 [#16492] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Social Sciences Appl Deadline:...
Instructor, Department of Mathematics, United States, about 9 hours ago
Applications are invited for several positions as Instructor of Mathematics for Fall 2020. These positions may be either per-course or annual, as determined by the needs of the department. All ca...
Griffiths Assistant Research Professor, Department of Mathematics, United States, about 9 hours ago
Applications are invited for a Griffiths Assistant Research Professor in Mathematics. Candidates should have completed a doctorate as of January 1, 2021 and show definite promise in research and t...
Professional Nurse, University of North Carolina, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Information Position Type Permanent Staff (SHRA) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Position Title Professional Nurse - Journey Working Title Professional Nurse Position Number 00036...