- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: N/A
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: N/A
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Department of Medicine, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work within the outpatient practice of the Center for Advanced Cardiac Care (CACC) under the management of the Chief Nurse Practitioner and direction of the CACC Medical Director within the Division of Cardiology. The NP will work collaboratively with Physicians, NP peers, Registered Nurses, other members of the multidisciplinary care team, and administrative support staff within the CACC Program.
- Obtain patient history, perform comprehensive and targeted physical examinations, order and evaluate diagnostic tests, and diagnose/manage chronic as well as acute patient problems.
- Counsel and educate patients and their caregivers on disease processes and care management outside of the hospital.
- Facilitate and deliver care to a specific subset of patients collaboratively and autonomously.
- Obtain and review outside records/reports as needed and follow-up/collaborate with the Physician to re-develop the treatment plan as necessary.
- Work with NP peers and the Registered Nurse team to triage daily patient calls and communicate with referring Providers.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team including but not limited to Social Workers, Nutritionists, Pharmacists, Surgeons, the Palliative Care Team, the CACC Inpatient team, and other specialists as necessary to provide/coordinate care across the continuum.
- Document all patient/caregiver encounters in the outpatient EMR.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires a Master's degree in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner trained in the care of adults, plus one to two years of experience in a hospital setting, preferably in Cardiology.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nurse and Nurse Practitioner licenses.
- Must have NP Board certification.
- BCLS, ACLS certifications.
- Familiarity and proficiency with computer-based programs such as electronic medical records systems, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) preparation preferred.
- Experience with advanced Heart Failure and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and post-Heart Transplant patient populations preferred as well as those patients being considered for/undergoing advanced therapies such as outpatient intravenous and/or inhaled medication support, and/or mechanical circulatory support.
- Participation in Medical Surveillance required.
- Must successfully complete system training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, New York University, United States, 18 days ago
Working under the supervision of a psychiatrist, provide high quality patient care to a diverse University community in accordance with established standards and medical ethics, and with policies ...
Staff Nurse Temporary Per Diem, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details (Default Section) Job Title: Staff Nurse--Temporary Per Diem Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Student Health Services-Metro Hiring Manager: Caro...
Clinical Associate Professor, New York University, United States, 22 days ago
Clinical Assistant / Associate Professor New York University: NYU - NY: College of Dentistry Location New York, NY Open Date Jul 14, 2022 Description NYU Dentistry Oral Health Center for People wi...
University Director Of Student Health, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details (Default Section) Job Title: University Director of Student Health Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Student Health Services-Metro Hiring Manager...
Medical Assistant Cwa, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 12 days ago
Spanish Speaking Candidates Preferred! Department: M & FP-NW Valley-1231 Can FTE: 1.00 Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week) Shift: Days Position Summary: Perform a variety of front and back office c...
Administrator, Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Yeshiva University, United States, about 19 hours ago
The Administrator will: Accounting, categorizing and reporting Center income and expenses to Directora. Manage monthly billings for Center research protocols. Manage monthly billings for Center Cl...