- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: N/A
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: N/A
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Department of Medicine, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work within the outpatient practice of the Center for Advanced Cardiac Care (CACC) under the management of the Chief Nurse Practitioner and direction of the CACC Medical Director within the Division of Cardiology. The NP will work collaboratively with Physicians, NP peers, Registered Nurses, other members of the multidisciplinary care team, and administrative support staff within the CACC Program.
- Obtain patient history, perform comprehensive and targeted physical examinations, order and evaluate diagnostic tests, and diagnose/manage chronic as well as acute patient problems.
- Counsel and educate patients and their caregivers on disease processes and care management outside of the hospital.
- Facilitate and deliver care to a specific subset of patients collaboratively and autonomously.
- Obtain and review outside records/reports as needed and follow-up/collaborate with the Physician to re-develop the treatment plan as necessary.
- Work with NP peers and the Registered Nurse team to triage daily patient calls and communicate with referring Providers.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team including but not limited to Social Workers, Nutritionists, Pharmacists, Surgeons, the Palliative Care Team, the CACC Inpatient team, and other specialists as necessary to provide/coordinate care across the continuum.
- Document all patient/caregiver encounters in the outpatient EMR.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires a Master's degree in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner trained in the care of adults, plus one to two years of experience in a hospital setting, preferably in Cardiology.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nurse and Nurse Practitioner licenses.
- Must have NP Board certification.
- BCLS, ACLS certifications.
- Familiarity and proficiency with computer-based programs such as electronic medical records systems, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) preparation preferred.
- Experience with advanced Heart Failure and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and post-Heart Transplant patient populations preferred as well as those patients being considered for/undergoing advanced therapies such as outpatient intravenous and/or inhaled medication support, and/or mechanical circulatory support.
- Participation in Medical Surveillance required.
- Must successfully complete system training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Cwa Asst Medical Cert, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 8 days ago
Position Summary: Spanish/English bilingual for women's clinic, OB/GYN experience preferred but will train, Day shift, Monday - Friday, 40 hours week, 5 days/week. clinic hours 7:30 am - 5:30pm Pe...
Librarians For Health Sciences, Nursing And Allied Health, New York University, United States, 6 days ago
Librarians for Health Sciences, Nursing and Allied Health New York University: NYU - NY: Division of Libraries Location New York, NY Open Date Jan 13, 2022 Description New York University Librarie...
Program Administrator For Academic Centers, Yeshiva University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Position Summary: Work closely with the Faculty Directors of the Floersheimer Center for Constitutional Democracy, Jacob Burns Center for Ethics in the Practice of Law, and Center for Rights and J...
Health Director, Peconic Dunes 4 H Camp, Southold, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 1 hour ago
The Health Director is responsible for implementing all medical requirements described in the camp safety plan submitted to the Suffolk County Department of Health and ensuring compliance with all...
Community Manager For Runway Startup Postdoc Program, Cornell University, United States, 3 days ago
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage indiv...
Clinical Research Manager, Yeshiva University, United States, 14 days ago
The Department of Medicine (DOM) leadership seeks to establish transparent and uniform clinical research infrastructure. Our goals are to enhance efficiency, increase productivity, and ensure pro...