- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: N/A
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: N/A
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Department of Medicine, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work within the outpatient practice of the Center for Advanced Cardiac Care (CACC) under the management of the Chief Nurse Practitioner and direction of the CACC Medical Director within the Division of Cardiology. The NP will work collaboratively with Physicians, NP peers, Registered Nurses, other members of the multidisciplinary care team, and administrative support staff within the CACC Program.
- Obtain patient history, perform comprehensive and targeted physical examinations, order and evaluate diagnostic tests, and diagnose/manage chronic as well as acute patient problems.
- Counsel and educate patients and their caregivers on disease processes and care management outside of the hospital.
- Facilitate and deliver care to a specific subset of patients collaboratively and autonomously.
- Obtain and review outside records/reports as needed and follow-up/collaborate with the Physician to re-develop the treatment plan as necessary.
- Work with NP peers and the Registered Nurse team to triage daily patient calls and communicate with referring Providers.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team including but not limited to Social Workers, Nutritionists, Pharmacists, Surgeons, the Palliative Care Team, the CACC Inpatient team, and other specialists as necessary to provide/coordinate care across the continuum.
- Document all patient/caregiver encounters in the outpatient EMR.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires a Master's degree in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner trained in the care of adults, plus one to two years of experience in a hospital setting, preferably in Cardiology.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nurse and Nurse Practitioner licenses.
- Must have NP Board certification.
- BCLS, ACLS certifications.
- Familiarity and proficiency with computer-based programs such as electronic medical records systems, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) preparation preferred.
- Experience with advanced Heart Failure and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and post-Heart Transplant patient populations preferred as well as those patients being considered for/undergoing advanced therapies such as outpatient intravenous and/or inhaled medication support, and/or mechanical circulatory support.
- Participation in Medical Surveillance required.
- Must successfully complete system training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Nurse Practitioner , Johns Hopkins University, United States, 16 days ago
The Department of Medicine is seeking a Nurse Practitioner who provides clinical and administrative activities at the Davis, Polk & Wardwell, LLP on site clinic in New York, NY. The position repor...
Director, Niche, New York University, United States, 11 days ago
The Director of Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystems Elders (NICHE) a national program of the Rory Meyers College of Nursing oversees the strategic planning, development, implementation, and ev...
Cwa Asst Medical Cert, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 20 days ago
Job ID15911325CategoryClinical/Nursing SupportDepartmentM & FP-NW Valley-1231 CanLocationAlbuquerque, NMDate posted04/25/2022 Position Summary:Perform a variety of front and back office clerical d...
Instructor Nursing, SUNY, United States, 17 days ago
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certif...
Clinical Research Informatics Manager, Yeshiva University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Cancer Clinical Research Informatics Manager is responsible for the managing the specialized informatics needs of the Montefiore Einstein Cancer Center. This person will be responsible for integr...
Academic Systems Business Analyst, Yeshiva University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Position Overview: Albert Einstein College of Medicine seeks a Business Analysis for its academic information systems the core of which is Ellucian Banner. This person will have the responsibility...