Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Registered Nurse (new or recent grad) - Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
Duke University Health System seeks to hire RN's who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
August and September start dates available
The Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit is compromised of post surgical patients. These patients require high acquity care and the environment is fast paced and challenging. The patient population is inclusive of Post-cardiac and thoracic surgery, transplant, mechanical circulatory support, where type of procedures performed are inclusive of CABG, Valve replacement/repair, ECMO, heart/lung transplant, Ventricular Assist Device, thoracic surgery, and Aortic surgery
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Work Schedule: 3 -12 hour shifts per week - rotating or straight night shifts available
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
- Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration ( or in the process of obtaining) with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required
- BLS (or higher) certification required
* Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet®organization
* Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
* Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
* Relocation Assistance!
* Nurse Loan Forgiveness!!
* Generous Tuition Assistance Programs!!!
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Zebrafish Research Technician 2, Duke University Medical Center, United States, 18 days ago
AgencyDuke University Medical CenterLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOQLast Date to Apply05/30/2023Websitehttps://careers.duke.edu/job-invite/231973/ DescriptionWork Arrange...
Assistant Or Associate Professor, Environmental Justice, Nicholas School of the Environment - Faculty, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -NSOEFaculty -EJ [#24884] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: environme...
Surgery Transplant Division Chief, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 6 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Surgery - Transplant - 414035 Posting Open Date 05/18/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled No Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Titl...
Section Head, Archival Processing Section, Duke University Libraries, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -DUL -APSH [#24906] Position Title: Position Type:Open Rank Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Library / Special Collections Sala...
Associate In Research, Evolutionary Anthropology, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -EVANTH -PONTZERGOLDBERGAIR_2023 [#24779, AIR] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Evolutionary...
Postdoc Associate, Sociology, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Sociology -POSTDOC2 [#24789, 3820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Sociology / Law...