Job TitleNetwork Engineer
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Here’s a Glimpse of the Job and Your Opportunity to Contribute
As the Network Engineer, you will configure, troubleshoot, and resolve wireless network issues/outages, and provide preventative maintenance. Texas A&M is designing and developing a next generation enterprise network giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge while troubleshooting and configuring the latest Cisco Edge switches and Aruba Wireless access points.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education
- 2 years of networking design experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or a person granted asylum or refugee status
- Experience trouble shooting Aruba wireless and Cisco switches
- Problem Management -In collaboration with other network teams, analyze, troubleshoot, track, and repair the enterprise’s wireless network.
- Network Testing and Security - Assist with tests used to certify network to required installation design standards. In collaboration with the network security team, help oversee the monitoring and maintenance of the wireless network security.
- Design Networks and Network Upgrades - Assist with wireless network design activities.
- Client/Vendor Consultation - Establish contacts with vendors for wireless networking support and problem resolution. Confer with clients to define wireless networking requirements.
- Documentation - Document wireless network engineering designs, plans, maps, methods, and procedures.
- New Technology Deployment and System Integration Testing - Assist with new technology deployments and integration testing on the wireless network.
- Professional Development - Participate in training and professional development sessions. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technology Planning and Evaluation - Assist with the evaluation of new technologies to determine their applicability to the client’s needs.
- Common Duties - Confer with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters; research problems and recommend solutions; provide resource estimates and progress reports; serve on committees to develop technical standards and direction; meet with customers and technical staff to determine information needs and requirements; ensures that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards; provides on-call support on nights and weekends as needed; and provide input for the planning and budget process.
Why Texas A&M?
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
We are a prestigious university with strong traditions, Core Values, and a community of caring and collaboration. Amenities associated with a major university, such as: sporting and cultural events, state-of-the-art recreation facilities, the Bush Library and Museum, and much more await you. Experience all that a big city has to offer but with a reasonable cost-of-living and no long commutes. In addition, you have access to many benefits and perks, such as:
- Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance with Texas A&M contributing to employee health and basic life premiums
- 12-15 days of annual paid holidays
- Up to eight hours of paid sick leave and at least eight hours of paid vacation each month
- Automatic enrollment in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Free exercise programs and release time for health and wellness programs
- All employees have access to free LinkedIn Learning training programs, webinars, and limited financial support to attend conferences, workshops, and more
- Educational release time and tuition assistance for completing a degree while a Texas A&M employee
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Senior Network Specialist, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Department: Data and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science Deadline: 26 Sep 2022 Start date: Upon agreement Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: IS/IT: Consultations, analyze...
Assistant Professor Redesigning Deltas , Delft University of Technology ;, Netherlands, 15 days ago
Faculty Architecture & the Built Environment The Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment has a leading role in education and research worldwide. The driving force behind the faculty’s su...
Junior Specialist For Science And Research (# Of Pos: 2), Łukasiewicz Research Network - Lodz Institute of Technology (Łukasiewicz-ŁIT), Poland, 18 days ago
Expected duties and responsibilities: correct and timely completion of tasks delegated by individual employees of Environmental Engineering Research Group, carrying out tasks and services within v...
Ultra Dense Sustainable Networks For Wireless Battery Management , Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
In order to reduce greenhouse gases and air pollutants, we rely more and more on batteries not only to store energy from renewable sources, but also to realize cleaner solutions for the environmen...
Assistant/Associate Prof In Control & Orchestration Of Complex Optical Networks, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 14 days ago
Emerging future (computing) networks will be required to integrate the increasing demand for bandwidth with the need to provide low latency access to advanced computation modalities. The network c...
Ph.D. Position In Numerical Simulations Of Plasma Assisted Combustion, CentraleSupélec, Suriname, 22 days ago
PhD student position Numerical simulation of decarbonized turbulent flames stabilized by plasma Context Hydrocarbon combustion, involved in more than 80% of the worldwide primary energy consumptio...