Job TitleNetwork Engineer IV
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
Technology Services provides reliable and accessible IT services to elevate and enhance Texas A&M University. We provide IT leadership to the campus community while enabling the research, education and service mission of Texas A&M. With trusted services and innovative solutions, we are changing the technology landscape on campus. To learn more about IT at Texas A&M University visit us at: https://it.tamu.edu/
What we want
The Network Engineer IV, under direction, routinely provides technical leadership and oversight for deployment/delivery of enterprise-wide network engineering projects or services. Responsible for developing technical standards for implementing enterprise-wide network engineering projects or services, serving as a chair or senior member of an information resource team and for setting technical standards and direction. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eight years networking design experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with a diverse range of people
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and cooperate with others
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Cisco, Juniper or other routing and switching experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols
- Ethernet knowledge
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- IT architecture and application of systems theory
- Advanced negotiation skills, vendor relations, project management, business acumen
- Enterprise-level operations
- Multi-team leadership/coordination
- Change management
- Knowledge of the IT industry
- Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIE or other networking certification
- Design Networks and Network Upgrades - Oversee the design activities for enterprise-level network projects. Approves network design plans.
- Network Testing and Security - Approves and tests methods and plans used to certify complex networking projects to required installation design standards. In collaboration with the network security team, helps establish procedures for compliance with enterprise and state network security regulations.
- Problem Management - In collaboration with the field services and installation teams, establishes protocols and processes for problem management and support. Continuously monitors effectiveness of established processes and protocols.
- Client/Vendor Consultation - Establishes standards for the development of plans for new networks or upgrades. Oversees input from clients, systems administrators, contractors, and vendors to develop specifications and plans for enterprise-wide networks.
- New Technology Deployment and System Integration Testing - Establishes enterprise level standards for the implementation of new technology deployments and system integration testing.
- Technology Planning, Evaluation and Documentation - Oversees the enterprise’s process for the evaluation of new technologies. Makes technical recommendations to the enterprise’s executive leadership. Establishes the standards and processes used to document network engineering designs, plans, maps, methods, procedures, problems, and repairs.
- Project Planning Support - Collaborates with project leaders and executive staff to develop work plan and time schedules for projects including outlining phases and identifying personnel and computing equipment requirements.
- Common Duties - Participates in mentoring, training, and development of other employees; develop specifications based on input from the enterprise’s stakeholders; consult with and assist computing personnel, vendors and/or manufacturers’ representatives in resolving complex procedural, operational, and technical problems; serve as a chair or senior member of an information resource team responsible for setting the enterprise’s technical standards and direction; and perform all or some of the duties of a Network Engineer III.
- Professional Development: - Participates in training and professional development sessions. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
It Manager Iii, TTI, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title IT Manager III Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Tti Network & Information Systems Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Tees Research Engineer I Computational Fluid Dynamics, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer I - Computational Fluid Dynamics Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College ...
Clinical Social Worker Msi, TAMHSC, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Clinical Social Worker MSI Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas J...
Tees Research Engineer Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Manufacturing Initiatives and SecureAmerica Institute Proposed Minimum Salary $4,617.67 monthly Job Location College St...
Senior Credentialing Specialist, TAMHSC, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Senior Credentialing Specialist Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department SOM Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Ty...
Controller, TTI, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Controller Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department TTI Financial Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Who a...