Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- The Network Engineer is a central university office position responsible for voice, data and wireless engineering for Emory Enterprise communications systems.
- Applies knowledge of network systems, applications, and network infrastructure to provide technical expertise for network infrastructure designs, expansions and configurations.
- In the Network Operations Center, he/she will also monitor critical processes for Emory's enterprise-wide systems and applications, monitors data downloads to ensure job completions, and addresses interruptions and failures, and interacts with programmers and requestors to troubleshoot and resolve issues producing errors and interruptions.
- Develops software and tools for optimizing network monitoring and performance.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots network services and devices.
- Interacts with customers to resolve network issues. Performs inspections and upgrades.
- Develops and maintains documentation.
- Monitors network performance and prepares usage and outage statistics and post-mortem analyses to document incidents and provide histories for future reference and research.
- Designs system configuration.
- Collaborates with others for active maintenance and future growth.
- Sets policies, guidelines and best practices.
- Reports on results.
- This position acts as a subject matter expert on network communications and provides auxiliary support for other Emory IT services, and supports other Library Information Technology Services (LITS) and Healthcare staff to troubleshoot and resolve network and service related issues at the customer premise.
- This position can provide 24 x 7 on-call support to assist with restoring service.
- Has the aptitude to perform troubleshooting, testing, scripting and coding and demonstrates leadership and mentoring of less-experienced technicians.
- Provides support without direction, and support modifications/changes to configuration.
- Reports to the NOC Manager, or the Run or Build Manager of Network Services.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering or related field, and five years of NOC or Engineer experience managing and monitoring network services, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations v3 certification and/or Network Administration certification(s) (CCNA, CCNP, etc).
- Strong working experience with network packet analyzer/sniffers or related tools.
- Working knowledge of the command line interface.
- Working knowledge of SMARTS (Ionix), Netcool, Solarwinds, or equivalent systems. Familiarity with DNS BIND, Wireless and VoIP.
- Knowledge of IBM Advanced Function Printing in support of form printing on laser printers as well as IBM Total Report Management Solution and Webviewer tools.
- Proficiency with ISPF, TSO, SDSF and JCL.
- Minimum of five years of experience with all aspects of Control-M.
- Minimum of five years of experience with production support tools (e.g., MVS, Millennium, JES, CICS, $AVRS, VTAM, Siemens Building Facilities tools, etc.).
- Building Industry Consulting Services, International minimum level 1.
- Valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
L3 Network Engineer, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Department: Data and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science Deadline: 10 Jun 2022 Start date: Dle domluvy Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: IS/IT: Consultations, analyzes ...
L3 Network Engineer, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Department: Data and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science Deadline: 1 Jul 2022 Start date: Dle domluvy Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: IS/IT: Consultations, analyzes |...
Network Administrator, Associate, Purdue University, United States, 4 days ago
What You'll Be Doing: The Associate Network Administrator will be under immediate supervision, manage Network incident ticketing queues by actively monitoring the network, responding to incidents,...
Project Officer (Computer Science), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERIAN) invites applications for the position of Project Officer. Key Responsibilities: Assist on IT related issues like setting up of computers, trouble shooti...
Research Associate, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 10 days ago
Description Job Purpose We seek to fill the position of a Research Associate in an externally funded project at Khalifa University. The project targets the design and implementation of a QoS-OLSR ...
Quantum Machine Learning For Communication Network Optimization And Security( Wd 2020 35 Wsch 3 ), South East Technological University, Ireland, 29 days ago
Post summary Applications are invited for a PhD position funded by WIT. The candidate is expected to be highly self-motivated, and willing to work in future emerging topics in Quantum Technology. ...