About SUNY College at Old Westbury:
The State University of New York at Old Westbury is a dynamic and diverse public liberal arts college that fosters academic excellence through close interaction among students, faculty and staff. Old Westbury weaves the values of integrity, community engagement, and global citizenship into the fabric of its academic programs and campus life. In an environment that cultivates critical thinking, empathy, creativity and intercultural understanding, we endeavor to stimulate a passion for learning and a commitment to building a more just and sustainable world. The College is a community of students, teachers, staff, and alumni bound together in mutual support, respect, and dedication to the Mission.
The Network Administrator is a key member of the Enterprise Infrastructure Services team and serves as a subject matter expert in Enterprise networking. The person is responsible for analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and support of SUNY Old Westbury's communications infrastructure, which includes wired and wireless data, voice, video, and other media transmission. The specific position will have the role of supporting the network infrastructure which provides core network and security services and functionality. The Network Administrator will also ensure solutions and operational issues are thoroughly documented and consistent with the University's long-term roadmap for wired and wireless services.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and maintenance of the University network and systems including hardware, software and upgrades.
- Create and maintain system documentation, operational procedures, architectural documentation and hardware/software inventory.
- Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the University's Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Rapidly deploy approved fixes in response to newly identified stability and security threats.
- Proactively monitor systems and alerts, using industry recognized tools to avert troublesome trends as they develop to ensure a stable production environment.
- Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability.
- Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provide reports and metrics as needed to support requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Participate in compliance and security activities that include log collection, analysis and reporting.
- Participate in the organization's change management process.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve systems, network, telecom, and data center issues, documenting problem resolutions.
- Respond to escalated system support calls, resolve assigned tickets and document resolutions.
- Assist in the planning, configuration, deployment, and support of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure by facilitating and coordinating work with vendors, suppliers, and all other campus personnel.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet implementation schedules and minimize schedule conflicts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree an equivalent combination of education and directly related full-time experience in a comparable environment.
- Two (2) years of full-time experience with installing and maintaining network infrastructure, including servers, routers, firewalls, switches, IPS/IDS, patch panels, cabling, UPS' and WAPs.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts as well as protocols including VLAN, VTP, STP, VRF, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
- Network troubleshooting and configuration abilities, knowledge of DNS, LDAP, RADIUS, DHCP, and Active Directory.
- Experience with virtualization technologies and environments.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area and two (2) years of full-time experience as stated above.
- Three (3) plus years of experience with Cisco, Meraki, Alcatel Lucent network equipment including firewalls, switches and routers.
- Two (2) plus years of experience supporting a wireless network using 802.11a/b/g/n and ability to create predictive wireless surveys.
- Two (2) plus years of experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Valid industry certification such as CCNA, CWNA, etc.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
The State University of New York at Old Westbury is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to participate in the selection process, please contact the Office of Human Resources/Affirmative Action located in the Campus Center, Room I-211 or by calling (516) 876-3179.
The Annual Security and Fire Report is filed as required by federal law. The purpose of this report is to provide faculty, staff and students with campus safety information, including crime statistics and safety policies and procedures. The report contains information regarding security and personal safety, including topics such as crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the previous three calendar years. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the University Police Department (516) 876-3333 or by downloading a copy.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Position Type: Professional
Official Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Campus Title: Network Administrator
Department: Information Technology Services
Negotiating Unit: UUP
Salary Grade: SL-2
FLSA Status: Exempt
Please submit the following online at https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com :
This is a full-time UUP position. For the first ten (10) working days applications will be limited to UUP Old Westbury (4/22 - 5/5/2020).
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: extended until May 31, 2020
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Senior Bioinformatics Analyst, Yeshiva University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Coordinate and participate in management of research informatics implementations in a multi-disciplinary team including research coordinators, clinician-investigators, managers and administrators,...
Research Technician C, Yeshiva University, United States, 7 days ago
Will perform mouse behavioral phenotyping, brain processing, and PCR techniques, and will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the mouse breeding colonies, genotyping, preparing animal an...
Linux Systems Engineer, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, United States, about 16 hours ago
Requisition Title Linux Systems Engineer Position Category Information Technology Requisition Number 01322-A Job Status Full Time Education Required Undergraduate Degree Experience Required 3 - 5 ...
Research Technician B, Yeshiva University, United States, about 1 hour ago
The Research Technician B will assist biomedical scientists in the Departments of Developmental and Molecular Biology and Pathology with their studies on the contribution of malfunctioning of auto...
Research Technician B, Yeshiva University, United States, 13 days ago
Our research addresses the mechanisms of virus infection and virus assembly, using non-pathogenic viruses as model systems to study these processes at the molecular level. We are looking to hire a...
Research Technician C, Yeshiva University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Two neuroscience laboratories at Albert Einstein College of Medicine are seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for a joint research technician position. Our labs study the neural circ...