Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Education Support Services (ESS) provides world-class audiovisual and instructional support, event and media production, training, and consulting services to faculty, staff, and students in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS). The team supports the school’s mission by delivering premium technology offerings that enhance and creatively advance the teaching & learning environment. ESS is comprised of six service groups: Teaching & Learning Support, Design & Engineering, Event & Media Production, Language Center, Assistive Technology Services, and Piano Technical Services.
The Multimedia Technician provides multimedia AV support for Harvard courses and events offered by the Faculty of Arts & Sciences which includes videography, setup, and breakdown of equipment, urgent AV troubleshooting during classes, and event support. Work will be assigned by department coordinators based on available shifts. Training on equipment, workflow, and space will be provided by ESS.
- Support faculty, students, and staff in the use and care of classroom multimedia, including video projection from a variety of sources, audio reinforcement in large lecture classrooms, basic troubleshooting of sound systems, and digital video capture as directed by ESS team leaders
- Assist faculty, students, and staff with projection of teaching materials from PowerPoint, keynote, google sheets, YouTube, and other media sources
- Ensure prompt and professional communications with instructors, staff, and students
- Take direction from ESS staff and leaders on assignments, policies, and protocols
- Help coordinate multimedia technology for course and event support
- Check out AV equipment and transport to and from classrooms
- Set up AV equipment to begin recording classes in a timely manner before each class begins
- Strike AV equipment once class has ended and check equipment back into main office
- Record teaching in classrooms and labs, panning and zooming to capture instructor movement and use of writing surfaces as required
- Ensure high-quality audio and video recording
- Help with maintenance of AV equipment
- Provide availability to shift coordinators to assist with scheduling in a timely manner
- Provide coverage for colleagues during absences
- High school graduate or equivalent technical school
- At least six months of experience with, audio, video, and/or multimedia technologies
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and connections to external devices
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Professional or educational background in multimedia or a technology-related field a plus
- Familiarity with lavaliers, handheld mics, Shure wireless microphones, Panasonic and/or Black Magic HD video cameras, HD LCD projectors, Crestron/Extron integrated room control systems, and assistive listening systems preferred
- Familiarity with projecting content from Microsoft Windows, Mac, and internet media sources
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- An employment record of reliability and strong attendance
- Ability to work with a range of clients and develop team solutions to service problems in a client-friendly and professional manner
Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, and swiftly transport equipment across campus.
Some evening and/or weekend shifts may be required
Harvard University continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety, and well-being of its faculty, staff, and students, as well as the wider community. Please note that all new employees will be required to provide confirmation of primary series COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, as detailed on our COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Webpage . Harvard University Health Services employees and other healthcare individuals are also required to be up to date on vaccination as described by the CDC. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. Additional information regarding this requirement, exemptions, verification of vaccination status, and other related policies and resources may be found on the University’s COVID-19 Information Website .
All formal written offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Cambridge
402031 Media Technician IV
Education Support Services
Administration and Finance
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Criminal, Education, Identity
M-F 35 hours/week
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Multimedia Trainer, McGill University, Canada, 17 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Executive Director For Part Time Programmes At Cbs, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 17 days ago
Executive Director for part-time programmes at CBS | CBS - Copenhagen Business School CBS is looking for an Executive Director to guide the continuing education area into the future Are you our ne...
Audio Visual Services Team Leader, Deakin University, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:539026 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Management, Information Technology, Technical Flexible location Full-time and continuing HEW 9 $122,771 - $130,125 + 17% Su...
Events Coordinator Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Events Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus RVACANT Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Staff Job Description Our Co...
Principal Investigator Proteome Analysis In The Life Science And Biotechnology Center, Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Poland, 22 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Rese...
Marketing/Comm Spec Sr, Arizona State University, United States, 4 days ago
91848BR Campus: West Marketing/Comm Spec Sr Job Description ASU New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences is looking for a creative, motivated, and detail-oriented self-starter to serve a...