Job TitleMedical Radiological Technologist
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentStudent Health Services
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Job TypeTemporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
Student Health Services is an accredited ambulatory health center that promotes and maintains the health of Aggies at Texas A&M University. Through education, disease and injury prevention, and primary and ancillary medical services, Student Health Services has dedicated staff who provide exceptional care for Aggies to be successful and healthy at Texas A&M University. To learn more about us, please visit our website: https://shs.tamu.edu
What we want
The Radiologic Technologist, under general supervision, operates a variety of radiographic equipment to produce diagnostic images as requested by a physician or other licensed health care provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury. Follows established exam protocols and safety standards. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Job Details: This is a part-time, temporary position.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume : A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiology Technology, or completion of an approved Radiology training program.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R) or registry eligible.
- Ability to obtain BLS certification within 6 months of employment. Licensure/certifications must be maintained for continued employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of radiographic equipment and safety protocols.
- Ability to produce high quality images.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiologic Science.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Performs radiologic imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with established exam protocols and safety standards.
- Explains procedures to patients.
- Maintains patient comfort and safety.
- Assists in moving patients to and from the radiographic table.
- Documents patient care activities. Prepare patient reports.
General Office/Customer Service
- Greets patients.
- Assists in scheduling appointments for x-ray and ultrasound exams.
- Assists health care providers in locating patient reports.
- Maintains clean work environment and may perform other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Administrative Associate Iv, Texas A&M University System, United States, 15 days ago
Job Title Administrative Associate IV Agency Texas A&M University Department Texas A&M University School of Law Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Fort Worth, Texas Job Type Staff J...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M University Department Student Affairs Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Veterinary Technician I Iv Small Animal, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician I-IV - Small Animal Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...
Program Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Program Manager Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Commercialization And Entrepreneurship Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Financial Analyst Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Financial Analyst III Agency Texas A&M University Department UAS University Accounting Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Jo...
Communications Specialist Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Communications Specialist III Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communications Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Jo...