JOB DESCRIPTION: **This is for a two-year residency program.** Conducts clinical physics and dosimetry training rotations designed to support radiotherapy patient care and the quality assurance program within the institution. Attends didactic courses and seminars designed to further educate and enhance the clinical rotations. Learns the practice and responsibilities of a board certified medical physicist.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding electron, photon, and neutron radiation transport, particularly as related to dosimetry protocols, shielding design, and computer dose algorithms.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding treatment planning computers, both software and hardware.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding linear accelerators, teletherapy units, and their accessories.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding treatment planning, simulation, and treatment techniques.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding nuclear instrumentation, radiation monitors, dosimetry equipment (particularly ionization chambers, film, and thermoluminescent dosimeters), and automatic data acquisition systems.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding quality assurance of radiotherapy equipment.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding radioactive sources used for brachytherapy.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding brachytherapy devices such as manual and remote afterloaders.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding radiation safety applied to radiotherapy and general hospital environment.
Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A master's degree in Medical Physics. DATE CREATED/MODIFIED/REVIEWED: 9/8/10 JB
Dosimetrist, Radiation, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 21 days ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general direction of the Senior Research Dosimetrist or designee, the Research Dosimetrist is responsible for the review and evaluation of the radiation ther...
Soc/Clin Research Specialist, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 13 days ago
Posting Information Position Information Position Type Permanent Staff (SHRA) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Position Title Soc/Clin Research Specialist - Contributing Working Title Soc/...
Sr. Research Specialist, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 14 days ago
General Description Seeking a proficient senior research laboratory specialist with a sophisticated understanding of techniques and a solid foundation in the underlying science to work in the Radi...
Assistant, Associate, Or Professor Of Radiation Medicine , University of Kentucky, United States, 2 days ago
Posting Details Job Title Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Radiation Medicine Requisition Number FE01098 Working Title Department Name 7H900:RADIATION MEDICINE Work Location Morehead, KY Type...
Radiation Control Tec 3/4, Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Radiation Control Tec 3/4 Location Los Alamos, NM, US Organization Name DESHS-DO/Deployed ESH Services - Division Office What You Will Do This position will be filled at either the Radia...
Mechanical Technician (Development And Fabrication Tec 4), Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Mechanical Technician (Development and Fabrication Tec 4) Location Los Alamos, NM, US Organization Name ISR-5/Space Instrumentation Realization What You Will Do ISR-5 is looking for a hi...