Maternal Fetal Medicine Certified Medical Assistant II - Fort Collins - 26422
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Official Title: Health Care Technician II
Working Title: Certified Medical Assistant II
Position #00791385 – Requisition #26422
Position Location: Fort Collins, CO
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Maternal Fetal Medicine Medical Assistant II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here .
About Maternal Fetal Medicine:
Maternal Fetal Medicine provides maternal and fetal disease consultation, prenatal diagnosis, and genetic counseling. This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine will be primarily located in Fort Collins but will be cross trained at the 3 Denver Metro freestanding clinics: downtown Denver, Parker, and Littleton.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is responsible for providing patient care under the direction of a physician. The CMA works to facilitate clinic workflow, assist patients, and ensure a safe, seamless delivery of care for each patient.
Position Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Prepare exam rooms for appointments, procedures and exams including setting up sterile and non-sterile procedure trays and setting up the exam table.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with providers, staff, management and patients.
- Assist physicians during exams and procedures, including obtaining vitals, basic patient monitoring (e.g., blood pressure, pulse, etc.) and handling non-sterile supplies.
- Clean exam rooms, ultrasound rooms and equipment after exams and procedures, including disposal of non-hazardous materials (patient drapes, etc.).
- Performs blood draws and prepare specimens for shipment to labs.
- Assisting with chart set-up, equipment and supply monitoring, ordering, and patient follow-up.
- Assisting with test results calls and limited triage (guidance from the M.D.).
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies (CDPHE, CMS, OSHA, etc.).
- Answering phones, scheduling patients; checking in/out patients, collecting copays.
- Checking messages on phone queues and returning patient calls.
This position will follow established work procedures and will operate within standard guidelines when setting up rooms, clearing and preparing equipment for procedures and running labs.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of CMA experience with taking vitals and blood draws.
- Completion of accredited CMA program and pass the National Medical Assistant Certification Exam (i.e. AAMA or NCCT).
- Current CMA certification (i.e. AAMA, NCCT).
- Current healthcare provider level BLS/CPR certification OR be willing, able, and eligible to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliable Transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing and able to:
- Lift, push, and/or pull up to 20 lbs.
- Work in an environment that may expose you to fumes, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, extreme cold, blood/body fluids, and infectious disease.
- Frequently wash your hands, as biohazardous materials may be present.
- Sit and stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, and bend/stoop, as well as execute repetitive motions.
- Work with complex and sharp laboratory equipment, and various chemical and biological solutions.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment when handling biological samples and hazardous chemicals.
- EPIC Experience.
- Experience completing lab forms.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking preferred.
- MS Office: Outlook, Power Point, Word.
- Experience and knowledge with medical chart preparation and set-up.
- Experience working in an OB-GYN practice. MFM experience highly preferred.
- Experience setting up sterile and non-sterile procedure trays and medical procedure rooms.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent communications, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep a sense of calmness, with ability to time manage while multi-tasking is vital.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, and organizational skills.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range ) for this position has been established at $43,680 to $54,080.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range ) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line:
- 22 days of vacation per year
- 15 day of sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Retirement plans with very generous matches, as well as voluntary saving options
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Tax-advantaged savings and spending accounts
- Parental paid leave
- Short term disability and long-term disability
- Health and wellness programs
- Tuition assistance on CU-offered classes for yourself or a dependent
- Access to the State of Colorado Benefits Hub. Take advantage of amazing savings and special offers on everything from shopping, dining, sporting events, concerts, and theme parks to movies, car rentals and cell phone plans, just to name a few.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. Active Medical Assistant Certificate Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
: Health Care
: Fort Collins
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21613 - SOM-OB/GYN MFM GENERAL OPS
: Jun 16, 2022
Posting Contact Name: Cynthia Geckas
Posting Contact Email: Cynthia.email@example.com
Position Number: 00791385
Research Associate I Test Engineer, Colorado State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Research Associate I - Test Engineer Position Location Fort Collins, CO Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202201150AP Posit...
Athletics Hr Manager And Business Coordinator, Colorado State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Athletics HR Manager and Business Coordinator Position Location Fort Collins, CO Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202201196...
Veterinary Technician Ii Critical Care Unit (After Hours W/ Pay Differential), Colorado State University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Veterinary Technician II - Critical Care Unit (After Hours w/ pay differential) Position Location Fort Collins, CO Classification Title Vet...
Electrical And Computer Engineering Continuing, Contract, And Adjunct Faculty (Ccaf) Open Pool, Colorado State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Electrical and Computer Engineering Continuing, Contract, and Adjunct Faculty (CCAF) - Open Pool Position Location Fort Collins, CO Posting...
Major Gift Officer, Colorado State University, United States, 6 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Major Gift Officer Position Location Fort Collins, CO Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202201228AP Position Type Admin Prof...
Iacuc Manager, Colorado State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title IACUC Manager Position Location Fort Collins, CO Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202201058AP Position Type Admin Professio...