About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for various duties related to maintaining an accurate system of record for inventory supplies and ensuring the highest levels of customer support when these supplies are requested from the COH end users. Maintains goods and services for patient care areas at the lowest cost consistent with accepted standards for quality and service. Follows-up with end users and COH Purchasing department to ensure compliance with supply specifications and deliveries. Actively manages the CSPT/Warehouse Inventory.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze item usage, create and maintain inventory PAR levels at assigned clinical locations.
- Perform inventory evaluation and develop recommendations for optimization – eliminate non movers, right size based on usage, etc.
- Complete purchase requisitions for inventory replenishment; collaborate with buyers to ensure POs are placed in a timely manner.
- Consult with buyers and nurses to obtain technical information, specifications and recommended vendors.
- Ensure daily inventory transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner in PeopleSoft inventory system.
- Perform regular replenishment of supplies at clinical locations to ensure continued product availability for patient care.
- Follow-up on items ordered as needed in order to ensure timely delivery and accuracy of receipts.
- Coordinate with purchasing, receiving personnel, vendors and accounts payable to resolve price and quantity receipt exceptions in a timely manner.
- Perform data entry and query functions in automated inventory module of the CSPT system.
- Prepare reports on charges and replenishment analysis to be discussed with management in order to make final decisions concerning PAR adjustments. Support Supply Chain management in cost reduction initiatives and identifying savings.
- Check in supply deliveries, receives orders in the system, stocks the shelves maintaining inventory locations and perform item expiration date checks.
- Actively monitor items for expiration in clinical areas and quarantine those items that are close to expiration per COH procedures.
- Accurately charge supplies to appropriate cost centers where applicable and necessary.
- Maintains order and cleanliness supply areas.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Basic college courses.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3 years in a Supply Chain/Materials department preferred; preferably for a health care institution; exp with ERP systems.
- Night shift: Start time between 7-9 pm, will include every weekend.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.#LI-CG
Laboratory Manager (Core Manager), University of Southern California, United States, about 1 month ago
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you wi...
Senior Reimbursement Analyst, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, about 1 month ago
Requisition # HRC0577054 Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a ...
Pharmacist Pgy 2 Resident Drug Use Policy, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 2 days ago
Requisition # HRC0437886C Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Depa...
Registered Nurse Iii Outpatient Neuro Clinic 10 Hour Day Shift, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 23 days ago
Responsibilities Requisition # HRC0595657 Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the high...
Registered Nurse Kidney Transplant Coordinator 10 Hour Day Shift, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 16 days ago
Requisition # HRC0604898 Are you ready to bring your clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States for transplant services? Do you have a passion for the hig...
Construction Project Manager, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 18 days ago
Requisition # HRC0573568 Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai! Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ...