The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Stanford Center for Professional Development
The Stanford Center for Professional Development is a leader in global, online and extended education. Established in 1995, we are located on the Stanford University campus and work with Stanford faculty, departments, schools, and centers to design and deliver engaging, high-quality online, in-person, and blended learning experiences to both matriculated students and a global audience of learners.
SCPD operates and manages Stanford Online , Stanford’s online learning provider, and provides access to credit-bearing courses, certificates and degrees; professional education; group and custom programs, and free and open access content. We also operate and manage a number of technology-rich classrooms and studios as well as a variety of educational technology tools and platforms. We support Stanford teaching teams in the utilization of different pedagogical approaches and technologies to improve faculty impact and learner outcomes. SCPD increases access to Stanford teaching and research and fosters a global community of learners, industry leaders, and Stanford faculty & instructors.
The Marketing Specialist (MS) reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and, with minimal supervision, ensures the timely and efficient creation, posting, and delivery of marketing messages, campaign reporting, database management, and reporting. The MS participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the SCPD integrated marketing/communications plan, including: paid advertising, email communications, and SCPD main web site updates, ensuring that all meet SCPD goals for enrollment, lead generation, and customer engagement. This role in particular will have a heavy focus on social media advertising for our portfolio.
The Marketing Specialist will possess an in-depth understanding of how to analyze and interpret data, understand conversion goals, track performance, review paid search impact on other channel traffic, and conversion metrics. The position works with the SCPD communications and marketing team, program managers, customer service, distribution, and current, past, and potential students on a regular basis and with program teams as needed.
- Manage and execute multiple ad campaigns including but not limited to audience research, account setup, campaign configuration and implementation
- Be responsible for all social planning, implementation and the optimization of existing ads, as well as the execution of new strategies with cold audiences, look-alike audiences, and remarketing audiences in order to expand the reach and exposure of the SCPD and Stanford Online.
- Work closely with the Director and marketing team to create and maintain an online marketing schedule, which includes lead generation campaigns and lead nurturing communications plans
- Work in marketing automation software (Marketo) to run lead nurture campaigns and track results (some basic html proficiency needed)
- Schedule and deliver content to outside vendors for lead generation marketing campaigns
- In designated project management software tool, document and track all marketing and communications projects.
- Curate digital content to engage users, generate new leads, and drive enrollments. Optimize content delivery strategies; tailor content to outlet platform, target specific audiences.
- Contribute to strategies to build and grow digital community through social media channels, paid advertising campaigns, blogs, and the web.
- Manage social listening efforts based on comments and online conversations. Escalate reputation risks to the Director of Marketing in a timely fashion and recommend solutions to minimize harm.
- Compile data, analyze and report on social marketing performance. Analyze how content is performing and create reports with recommendations to management.
- Contribute to overall development and refinement of digital community strategy, and innovative social initiatives by proposing and implementing recommendations.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline and project management certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in social marketing/social media advertising
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of online marketing principles and best practices
- Use of project management tools like TeamWork; Excel statistical features, preferred; some knowledge of HTML, Drupal, and marketing automation software (Marketo) a plus.
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to proactively work with minimal management direction
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter
- Ability to multitask
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Ability to learn new skills and internal processes very quickly
- Must be proficient at editing HTML, and have working knowledge of web usability principles and best practices
- Experience with email campaign management software, online advertising, online survey software, and marketing automation tools desired (preferable Marketo)
- Experience with website analytics, measurement, and online customer behavior measurement tools a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to use functions within Excel, manipulate data, work with pivot tables, and generate graphs and tables
Certifications and Licenses:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Communications Specialist, The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499703 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 29, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link ...
Assistant Director, Career Development And Experiential Learning San Francisco Bay Area, Northeastern University, United States, 25 days ago
Assistant Director, Career Development and Experiential Learning - San Francisco Bay Area About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leade...
Lecturer, Stanford University, United States, 2 days ago
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS STANFORD UNIVERSITY The Department of Mathematics at Stanford University seeks to hire one or more Lecturers. The possible appointments are for one year, beginning in Sep...
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 11 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 11 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Payroll And Program Analyst, The California State University, United States, 36 minutes ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499773 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 9, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Lin...