Harvard Graduate School of Education
The Marketing Lead will serve a critical role in enabling the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) Professional Education to reach thousands of educators annually with evidence-based professional learning programs. HGSE Professional Education serves more than 16,000 educators annually in early-childhood, K-12, and higher education around the world, online, on-campus, and through custom professional development programs, to improve educators’ leadership and instructional practices.
The Marketing Lead will be responsible for managing comprehensive, multi-channel, integrated marketing strategies that achieve vital enrollment targets for a portfolio of 20+ professional development programs. This role will develop and drive program marketing plans and campaigns, in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders (including portfolio directors, sales and engagement staff, marketing content managers, faculty, and alumni) and manage contractors and vendors assigned to the campaigns. The Marketing Lead ensures that each program in their portfolio has consistent demand generation and enrollment, aligned with the HGSE Professional Education brand and strategies.
The Marketing Lead must have a marketing and communications background and must be a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and adaptable team member. A successful candidate will also be an agile project manager and a self-starter with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and with experience and track record in product marketing, demand generation, and demand capture.
- Develop full understanding of HGSE Professional Development’s mission, impact goals, organizational values, program offerings, and target audiences served by HGSE Professional Education.
- Achieve enrollment targets for a portfolio of 20+ programs by directing all of the portfolio’s marketing campaigns and initiatives. This responsibility includes:
- Leading the development of program-specific marketing plans, in collaboration with key stakeholders (Professional Education staff, as well as HGSE faculty).
- Managing and guiding internal and external resources, including copywriters, graphic designers, HTML developers, brochure vendors, social media partners, etc.
- Guiding these resources’ development of all required marketing assets, and supplementing their writing, campaign scheduling, etc. as necessary.
- Managing the production of all aspects of web and multimedia content for each program in the portfolio.
- Allocating the marketing budget dedicated for each program, breaking it down into most effective marketing channels including, ads, email, social media, digital and print advertising, conferences, and other direct marketing.
- Monitoring marketing activities performance in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and build marketing decisions based on these analytics.
- Partnering with the Senior Marketing Manager to implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) recommendations, program updates, and content creation.
- Forming independent, collaborative relationships with outside partners’ marketing counterparts (non-profits, peer schools, etc.) who co-develop and co-present several of the Professional Education programs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across functional teams, working collaboratively with program managers/directors, admissions, and finance to identify new marketing opportunities, surface opportunities for enablement, process improvements, or optimization – keeping user experience and marketing goals in mind.
- Minimum of 3 years related marketing work experience
- Experience developing and managing marketing campaigns, reporting performance outcomes, managing relationships, email marketing and html email design, and project management.
Any candidate wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Finalists may be asked for samples of their work.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, planning, and time-management skills
- The ability to balance the interest and needs of multiple stakeholders
- A proven record of working collaboratively and project-managing a wide range of constituents, as well as individually to achieve deadlines and goals
- Demonstrated experience developing and conveying marketing messages that are compelling and effective at capturing attention, and accurately present the value proposition of a given program or product offering
- Strong skills in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience leveraging multiple marketing channels in a coordinated way, including a range of digital platforms for outreach
- Experience moving from general concepts to a thoughtful marketing plan that is aligned and consistent with both the HGSE-wide and HGSE Professional Education brand message and impact model.
- Familiarity with inbound marketing, account-based marketing, content marketing fundamentals
- Strong technical proficiency with current email marketing technology and the use of a CRM (prior use of Salesforce and Marketing Cloud and/or Exact Target is strongly desired)
- Passion for, experience in, and familiarity with K-12 or higher education
HGSE is currently developing dynamic workplace models which will actively support a combination of on-campus and remote work (within a state in which Harvard is registered to do business) where business and operational needs allow. You and your manager will discuss the best schedule based on your role and operational need. If your role allows for remote work, please note that all remote work must be performed within a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA (Only Exempt), CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Please also note that Harvard will withhold each applicable state’s required tax and other withholdings from your paycheck for the time you work there.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
HGSE is a diverse community of learners, teachers, and employees who are passionate about changing the world through education and striving for maximum impact in the field of education.
HGSE Human Resources values diversity in all forms and believes that each employee brings a set of diverse experiences and identities to the workplace that makes us stronger, encourages innovation, and enhances our collective contributions. We continue to develop and support a workforce that reflects the diversity of those we serve; fosters an environment that allows everyone to belong and to bring their best self to work; and creates the conditions that empower employees to contribute their full potential to advancing the work of the school.
We do this by:
Hiring and retaining staff reflecting the diversity of those we serve
Providing employees opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged
Reviewing and ensuring fairness and equity in HR practices and policies including but not limited to hiring, promotion, and compensation
Developing strong relationships and partnerships internal and external to our community to advance diversity and inclusion
Communicating transparently and respectfully; and
Fostering an inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community that values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Work Format Details
This is a hybrid position that is based in Massachusetts. Additional details will be discussed during the interview process. All remote work must be performed within one of the Harvard Registered Payroll States, which currently includes Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Washington, and California (CA for exempt positions only). Certain visa types and funding sources may limit work location. Individuals must meet work location sponsorship requirements prior to employment.
We invite you to visit Harvard's Total Rewards website (https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards ) to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Cambridge
405004 Comm Professional (N)
Hybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LinkedIn Recruiter Tag (for internal use only)
University Lecturer In Sustainable Food Consumption And Business, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 15 hours ago
The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry invites applications for the position of UNIVERSITY LECTURER IN SUSTAINABLE FOOD CONSUMPTION AND BUSINESS from 1.8.2024 onwards or as agreed. The permanent ...
University Lecturer In Sustainable Food Consumption And Business, UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI, Finland, 24 days ago
7 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI Research Field Agricultural sciences Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Coun...
Marketing And Communications Specialist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 19 days ago
Marketing and Communications Specialist KGSB Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001006) The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Marketing and Commu...
Dean, School Of Law , ;, Cambodia, 9 days ago
Position Summary : Responsible for providing operational and strategic leadership that supports the mission, vision, and goals of the University. Responsible for overseeing the development, delive...
Marketing Partner & Marketing And Outreach Partner, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Whakatairanga|Marketing Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Both Full-time (37.5 hours per week) and Part-time (27.375 hours per week) permanent positions available. Kia hiw...
Associate Director Academic Outreach, University of Mississippi, United States, 1 day ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class The University of Mississippi's Office of Academic Outreach is seeking...