|Manager, Web Standards and Usability|
|7559 Business Technical Support Analyst III|
|Mission Center Building|
|Monday - Friday|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
More than ever, people interact with UCSF through our web sites.
Ensuring online experiences are available to all, easier to use, and more intuitive by improving UCSF digital presence is what this job is all about. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of UCSF website creators that will offer a suite of services including strategy, development and design.
As Web Standards and Usability Manager, you will:
• Develop and improve UCSF web standards and usability guidelines
• Propose, develop and implement projects that improve UCSF’s digital presence’s usability and accessibility
• Create training materials to help people understand and make clear how to meet UCSF standards
• Conduct outreach and training on those standards
• Monitor standards adherence and assist in remediation when people do not meet standards
• Assure and validate UCSF compliance with UC web policies
You will be the go to person on campus for usability and accessibility guidance so knowledge of User Centered Design and Digital Accessibility (Section 508 and WCAG 2.0) will be essential. Colleagues in branding and privacy departments will need your assistance in bringing their knowledge to our web standards.
This successful candidate is detail-oriented with an ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and precision under deadline pressure, excellent judgment, creativity, ingenuity, persistence, an ability to actively participate in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team environment, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position works in the Information Technology Department (IT) of UCSF. Supporting UCSF's complex business and mission needs requires a broad set of skills and services that UCSF IT provides for the campus community.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree in related area and three to five years relevant experience and / or equivalent experience / training|
• Five or more years of experience with Content Management Systems
• Three or more years of experience in Usability, User Experience (UX), or User Interfact (Ui) work
• Three or more years of experience with developing and delivering training curriculum
• Expert knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
• Advanced knowledge of Privacy, Copyright, and Accessibility in relation to websites and other digital publications
• In-depth understanding of divisional or institutional business processes to provide the highest level of support
• Experience at providing technical and administrative work direction
• Advanced knowledge of web usability. Ability to both practical and theoretical understanding of User Experience
• Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications
• Understanding and skill in complex process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description
• Working knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Broad knowledge of IT-related products and services. General knowledge of other areas of IT|
• Thorough knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards
• Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of desktop and business / technical support systems. Demonstrated judgment to delegate / escalate issues appropriately
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Assistant Director, Social Marketing (7552 U) Job #23924 Co E/Globe Ex Ed Prog., University of California, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description Job Title: Assistant Director, Social Marketing (7552U) Job #23924 - CoE/GLOBE - ExEd Prog. Job ID: 23924 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Part-Time Department Col of...
R&D Engineer, Physics (7120 U) #23975, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description Job Title: R&D Engineer, Physics (7120U) #23975 Job ID: 23975 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Physics Regular/Temporary: Regular About Berkeley ...
Contracts And Grants Manager (0382 U) #23969, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description Job Title: Contracts and Grants Manager (0382U) #23969 Job ID: 23969 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Extramural Funds Accounting Regular/Tempora...
Media Project Manager Events (6293 U) #23957, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description Job Title: Media Project Manager - Events (6293U) #23957 Job ID: 23957 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department UNEX Administrative Depts Regular/Tempora...
Accounting Assistant V, University of San Francisco, United States, 3 days ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017-1353Staff Job Title Accounting Assistant V Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Non Exempt Minimum Hire-In Rate (for OPE positions only) $48,...
Data Analyst (7199 U) #23936, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description Job Title: Data Analyst (7199U) #23936 Job ID: 23936 Location: Off Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Univ Dev and Alumni Rel Regular/Temporary: Regular About Ber...