*Posted 11/4/2020*: At this time, this position is actively recruiting and accepting applications.
This position is responsible for the management of the small animal and large animal reception areas, as well as the referring veterinarian communication office (Help Desk). This includes all aspects of the supervision of the reception staff (regular staff and student employees) and Help Desk personnel. In conjunction with the hospital administration, recommends/implements policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of patient intake, processing, communication, data entry, and payment processing for all patient visits/services. Is responsible for training of all reception/RDVM help desk staff. Acts as a resource for, and provides support to all positions under direct supervision 24/7/365. Serves as a resource providing input to various other areas of the VTH, including IT, medical records and business office. Serves on hospital/college committees as needed.
The reception and referring DVM communication areas are critical to the efficient and organized functioning of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. The reception areas are the first point of communication with clients and the Help Desk is the first point of communication with referring veterinarians (RDVMs). A negative experience at either point risks caseload and reputation and may impact learning for the students and potentially fiscal stability. The manager is responsible for sustaining and improving that first impression with all who interact with the VTH.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or closely related field
- Two years of customer service and hospital or medical office management experience
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required experience (Associate's degree and 4 years of related experience or high school/GED and 6 years of related experience)
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal comprehension and oral and written communication skills
- Strong telephone etiquette, customer service, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Knowledge of personal computers
- Medical office management courses
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with VTH computer system
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Part Time Biotechnology Lab Intern, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 4 hours ago
Responsibilities include compliance with all safety and laboratory procedures; scientific literature review to understand background and current research relevant to project; meet goals of project...
Proctor Assessment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 4 hours ago
Provide general college information about services. Administer certification and academic exams through the Center. Schedule appointments for exams including determining candidate eligibility and ...