Manager System Administrator, IT
The successful candidate is responsible for the supervision, training, and performance evaluation of the System Administrator team while acting as a technical leader making significant hands-on contributions in designing, building, and supporting the university’s enterprise server and desktop computing systems in the cloud, on-prem, or in hybrid environments. Responsibilities include project planning, budgeting, resource allocation, and the prioritization of daily service requests.
- Oversee day-to-day production issues, act as an escalation point to resolve urgent and/or complex client issues and manage client expectations.
- Coordinate tasks and staff assignments based on established priorities and approved projects to promote efficient operation.
- Organize and lead activities relating to the management and completion of projects.
- Establishes goals and performance and accountability measures to ensure System Administrators are meeting timelines and goals, working within budgetary guidelines, and providing a high level of customer and service delivery.
- Engage as a leader in Biola IT through active participation as part of the IT leadership team.
- Build and manage a team of system administrators.
- Support, coach, and develop individuals in his or her career growth, meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- Interface with our business partners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with sound Christian principles and those promoted by the university.
- Planning and development of enterprise systems that support the future growth and strategic initiatives of the university.
- Administer, monitor, and maintain the university’s enterprise server and storage environment.
- Conceive, design, develop, optimize, integrate, and maintain information technology at a complex level.
- Administer, monitor, and maintain the university’s enterprise workstation management for Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Deliver solutions-based on container technology and orchestration tools where appropriate. (Kubernetes)
- Write, deploy, and rely on infrastructure and configuration management tools. (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Engineer solutions to harden pre-existing systems or architect from scratch for heightened security conditions.
- Writing, maintaining, and implementing active directory group policies and group preferences.
- Conducting patch management and upgrades to server environments, as well as the desktop environment.
- Builds and supports applications in a virtualized environment. (HyperV, KVM, Xen)
- Develop scripts in common scripting language. (PoSh, bash)
- Administer, monitor, and maintain the systems and operations on local area networks. (TCP/IP, AD, subnetting)
- Documentation, knowledge share, and version control. (SVN, Git)
- Ensure Enterprise backups meet University RTO and RPO objectives.
- Log management and analysis using monitoring tools and methodologies. (Nagios, Splunk)
- Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field and 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology field; or equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT technology initiatives.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills - both written and oral.
- Strong leadership abilities with a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Technical staff management and team-building experienced.
- Project management experience - complex implementations or upgrades involving coordination of multiple vendors or departments.
- Experience with at least one of Active Directory, Kace, Jamf Pro, or similar centralized system management tools.
- Knowledge of architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
- Ability to combine information technologies to create solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and on cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of excellent technical execution and teamwork, able to deliver a project from top to bottom.
- Proficient in Cloud platforms and services.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows system administration.
- Proficient in containerization and its orchestration.
- Proven track record in automating, including configuration/infrastructure as code.
- Good scripting skills in bash and at least one other mainstream language.
- Knowledge in providing technical information and support to technical and nontechnical users.
- A demonstrated use of tact, discretion, and diplomacy while working with a diverse set of constituents.
The System Administrator Manager is under the supervision of the Director of Systems and Information Security and works in close cooperation with the rest of the IT department.
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: 12
Technology Coordinator, School Of Art, The California State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Description: Job Summary This position directs all School of Art (SoA) technology services. Independently assess, plan, and implement technology solutions in service of the academic mission of the...
Sustainability Coordinator (As), California State University, Northridge, United States, about 4 hours ago
CSUN's Commitment to You CSUN is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. Our values include a respect for all people, building partnerships with th...
Senior Budget Analyst, The California State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Description: ype of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary Collective Bargaining Unit: California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) - Unit 9 Classification Salary Range: $4,611 - $8,899 per m...
Web Developer, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Description: Job Summary The Web Developer works closely with the Web Development Center to support the current programming staff with custom applications and new projects. This position will als...
Associate Vice President, Academic Innovation (Mpp Iii), The California State University, United States, 9 days ago
Description: DEPARTMENT: The Office for Academic Innovation is an integral part of the Office of Student Success, Equity, and Innovation (OSSEI). The OSSEI plays a central role in leading and supp...
Supervisor, Front Office, City of Hope, United States, 17 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life...