Berklee seeks a Manager of Industry Relations who will provide the relationships, knowledge, experience, and skills necessary to further develop and align with innovative best practices for career and professional development. The Manager will join a talented team of industry professionals who are implementing innovative and comprehensive approaches to career services that support and enhance the Berklee student experience, satisfaction, and success outcomes. In so doing, the Manager of Industry Relations will contribute to the advancement of Berklee’s vision to nurture the growth of the world’s most inspired artists so they may fully realize their artistic, creative and career potential.
The Career Center’s mission is to advance student success by providing a robust Berklee network, coordinated career resources, and enriching practice based and experiential opportunities that help students develop an entrepreneurial mindset as they define, develop and realize their artistic, creative, and career potential with greater intention and success.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Industry and Employer Engagement, the Manager of Industry Relations will develop a presence on campus by attending student/alumni performances and work in coordination with various departments that include Concerts and Events, External Affairs, Theater, Dance and Ensembles to scout talent on campus in anticipation of working with musical directors, casting agents, producers, managers, agents and publishing companies who are seeking Berklee talent. Further, the individual will contribute to the advancement of Berklee’s vision to nurture the growth of the world’s most inspired artists so they may fully realize their artistic, creative, and career potential.
This exciting role will also advise students as a generalist specifically in the Performance community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Build and manage a network of influential industry contacts that include: casting agents, talent scouts, talent bookers/agents, A&Rs, recruiters, and musical directors
● Spearhead creative talent pipeline opportunities for employers and industry contacts to engage, recruit and hire Berklee talent locally, nationally and globally
● Consult with employers and industry contacts on Career Center services and promote/increase industry awareness about the unique attributes and skills of Berklee students and alumni
● Create and maintain a pipeline/roster of Berklee talent with high potential and track/document/report on hiring outcomes
● Utilize the student/alumni directory, Berklee Connect, to source, identify and engage students and alumni for specific performance, songwriting and producing opportunities
● Work in partnership with External Affairs, Alumni Affairs, the Ensemble Department, the Berklee Popular Music Institute, and Theater, Music, and Dance Divisions at Boston Conservatory at Berklee among others to collaborate/coordinate with contacts and employers interested in sourcing Berklee talent and best approaches for referring students/alumni to high-priority opportunities
● Field and manage incoming inquiries from contacts seeking to hire Berklee performers; Ensure high quality performance opportunities are posted on Berklee Career Manager
● Manage requests and coordinate on campus visits and auditions for casting agents and recruiters interested in scouting Berklee talent with an emphasis on creating a positive student and employer experience
● Develop connections with, and understanding of, Berklee’s diverse student population and alumni through attending cafe shows, showcases, ensemble concerts and other performances held on and off campus
● Travel to industry hubs that include New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Nashville to represent Berklee talent at conferences, festivals, industry functions/events and introduce services provided by the Career Center to industry contacts
● Assist students in researching and exploring potential career paths and ensure students expressing interest in specific performance careers know how to best enhance their candidacy
● Conduct one-on-one advising, connect students to additional Career Center staff, resources, and programs and assist students in making informed decisions regarding future career plans
● Build and maintain strong faculty and campus relationships through consistent meetings, programs, and support of events across the College and Conservatory in partnership with Career Community
● Support existing signature events such as Career Jam, Global Job and Internship Expo, and Network Before You Move, and initiate new networking events, career education initiatives, and experiential opportunities
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree, preferred
● 3-5 years of experience in the performance side of the entertainment industry as a touring musician, dancer, actor and/or casting director, musical director, talent agent, or talent management
● Experience coaching and mentoring a diverse community seeking performance careers in music, dance, and theater and understanding of potential career opportunities for artists
● Knowledge of and connections in music, entertainment and the performing arts
● Deep musical knowledge to find talented artists
● Broad knowledge of career coaching approaches and strategies
● Broad knowledge of recruiting practices, industry trends and best practices in career services
● Knowledge of trends in internships, employment, economy, and industry networks
● Experience creating, coordinating and implementing talent programs and events
● Relevant computer systems / technology experience;
● Passion and appreciation for music, the performing arts and creative process; enjoy working with and coaching highly talented students from all over the world
● High level of cultural competence, values, ethics, and principles that align with the Berklee community, in which every voice is valued and respected and where a diverse, inclusive, work and learning environment is essential
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
● A strong eye and ear for artistic talent
● Comfort with social media platforms and creative marketing strategies
● Existing relationships within music, entertainment and the overall creative industry/community
● Marketing planning, implementation and assessment including use of print, digital and social media and internet channels.
● Ability to interact with employees at all levels
● Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines
● Solutions oriented
● Comfortable in collaborating on projects with a wide array of musicians, faculty, and administrators
● Commitment to strong customer service and demonstrated ability to handle stressful, delicate matters in a professional, discreet, and mature manner
● Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives, and experiences
Occasional engagement of student employees for projects and events.
Occasional weekend and evening work
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee :
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
Performing Arts Athletic Trainer, Texas A&M University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Performing Arts Athletic Trainer Agency Texas A&M University Department School of Performance, Visualization & Fine Arts Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station...
Academic Advisor Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor III Agency Texas A&M University Department School of Performance, Visualization & Fine Arts Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job ...
Academic Advisor Iii, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 22 hours ago
Our Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, di...
Theatrical Electrician Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Theatrical Electrician II Agency Texas A&M University Department Rudder Theatre Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Client Technologies Analyst I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Client Technologies Analyst I Agency Texas A&M University Department Dean Of College Of Architecture Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Assistant Director Of Photography Branding, Digital & Social Media, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Assistant Director of Photography - Branding, Digital & Social Media Agency Texas A&M University Department Athletic Director Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College St...