The ASU Knowledge Enterprise is seeking a detail-oriented and communicative individual to join its Research Operations department at Arizona State University (ASU).
As a Management Intern for Research Operations, you will support one or more of the following focused areas of research compliance and sponsored projects administration: regulatory processing of compliance protocols, administrative support on proposals for project funding, negotiation of agreements with external entities, and/or financial administration and accounting for sponsored project awards.
Ofc Research/Sponsored Project
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$20.00 per hour
15-June-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every two weeks until the job is filled
With support from supervisors and team members, Management Interns may be assigned to:
- Provide regulatory support for the processing of all types of compliance protocols, e.g., initial review, continuing review, amendments, unanticipated problem reports, and any other related documents.
- Consult with staff, faculty and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, and answer questions about area of assignment to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulatory controls.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare agenda and material to meet distribution deadlines; perform follow-up as needed.
- Record- meeting activities; maintain files of expectations, discussions, agreements and outcomes.
- Maintain applicable records and files.
- Serve as an administrative resource to ASU faculty and staff during development, review, and submission of grant applications and other proposals for project funding.
- Assist with review of grant and contract award terms and conditions.
- Assist with review, authorization, and transmittal of grant and contract proposals to sponsors.
- Actively support colleagues.
- Manage and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Data Use Agreements and standard Sponsored Research Agreements
- Redline ASU agreements and effectively demonstrate ASU’s position to align with ASU policy and ABOR requirements.
- Read and interpret contracts and other award documents to determine budget, invoicing schedule, restrictions, and other pertinent information.
- Prepare renewals and periodic reports for grant agencies.
- Assist with setting up awards in the ASU systems, as requested or required.
- Assist with management of awarded projects in accordance with university and sponsor regulations.
- Review and assist in preparation of invoices and standard and non-standard accounting reports to federal and sponsoring agencies, including, but not limited to: detailed cost and financial analysis, forecasts and projections reflecting interrelationships of accounting data, and provision of financial tracking and fiscal control to fulfill reporting requirements.
- Review computer reports for errors or inconsistencies; investigate and correct problems.
- Work with supervisors to prioritize and manage time.
- Monitor shared team mailboxes to process and/or route incoming requests and inquiries.
- May assist with data gathering and initial analysis under direction of more senior staff member.
Bachelor's degree in a related field; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of strong ability to understand stakeholder needs, requirements, and requests.
- Experience in customer service roles with high quality standards.
- Experience in using personal computer and related software applications.
- Ability to review and follow complex written instructions and communicate relevant aspects concisely.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management and/or accounting.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular and climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting.
- Position requires use of office equipment including a desktop computer.
- May lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to communicate to perform essential duties.
- Work both independently and within a complex structured team
- Works under supervision
- Receives detailed instructions and works from general instructions on standard job duties, with regular review of completed tasks.
Flexible work options
- Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice-president-level approval is required.
- Remote work is an arrangement where the employee spends less than 60% of their regular workweek at a regularly assigned ASU work location. Executive vice president-level approval is required.
For the eighth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all eight years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At Office of Research & Sponsored Projects Administration, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and OUTSTANDING benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Global Professor, Materials Science And Engineering (Hebut), The University of Arizona, United States, 3 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor, Materials Science and Engineering (HEBUT) United States | req17600 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor, Materials Science and Engineer...
Research Administrator, Grants And Contracts, Unlv Sponsored Programs [R0138822], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 3 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Research Administrator, Grants and Contracts, UNLV Sponsored Programs [R0138822] UNLV Administration offers eligible employees the oppo...
Research Administrator, Pre Award, Unlv Sponsored Programs [R0138844], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 3 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Research Administrator, Pre Award, UNLV Sponsored Programs [R0138844] UNLV Administration offers eligible employees the opportunity to ...
Manager, Administrative Clinical Research Program, City of Hope, United States, 23 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader...
Senior Grants Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 6 hours ago
29-Sep-2023 Harvard Medical School 63818BR Position Description The Department of Microbiology at Harvard Medical School seeks a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our growing community ...
Faculty Ma Psychology, The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 8 days ago
Position Summary: At The University of Arizona Global Campus, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or ...