Provides professional level administrative support to an assigned Access ASU department, assisting with general administration projects, research and analysis, procedural studies, and technical planning. Collaborates with assigned senior staff member in order to gain working knowledge and experience related to department administration.
Days and Schedule:
Monday through Friday and some weekends totaling 20 hours per week.
This Internship program is a 12-month experience that is scheduled to end a year after the start date.
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$15.76 per hour
Serves in an intern capacity for a specified division or program, which may include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performs tasks related to specific function/program assigned, such as tracking event attendance, development of brochures or other unique projects.
- Conducts independent research of administrative or operational areas specific to the area of assignment.
- Assembles and analyzes statistical data and makes interpretations for application to area of assignment.
- Assists in development of new programs, policies or procedures; coordinates programs as assigned.
- Assists in specialized administrative or technical projects in area of assignment.
- Analyzes procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains databases and prepares reports as needed.
Areas of duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- General Administration
- Academic and Student Services
- Business Office Development
- Event Staging
- Marketing and Promotions
- Media Relations
- Special Projects
- Data Analysis
- Report Development.
Position will entail working with Access ASU leadership in support of STEM programs at ASU.
Bachelor's degree in a related field; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of program coordination.
- Knowledge of basic project management.
- Experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Experience in planning, organization, coordination of activities.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Experience in the use of personal computer and related software applications.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Working environment could also include schools, community settings, and other sites where students are present.
Access ASU is dedicated to increasing access to higher education and preparing Arizona students for success through family engagement, strategic K-12 education and community partnerships. Access ASU’s programs and initiatives are designed to ensure all Arizona students graduate high school ready to thrive in college and the21st century workforce.
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, TRIO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services, Access ASU and others.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Postdoc3, Arizona State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematical Biology (Job #92397) The School of Mathematical and Statistical Scien...
Global Professor, The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor 2 Locations Available | req11507 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these locations: United States Tucson, AZ, United States Global Pr...
Security Officer, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 1 day ago
Department: Security FTE: 1.00 Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week) Shift: Rotating Sign On Bonus available for external hires! Shift Differential: 17% - Monday â€“ Thursday Nights 26% Friday â€“ Su...
Security Officer, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, about 1 hour ago
Department: Security FTE: 1.00 Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week) Shift: Rotating Sign On Bonus available for external hires! Shift Differential: 17% - Monday – Thursday Nights 26% Friday – Sunday...
Facilities Coordinator Nyu London, New York University, United States, 14 days ago
NYU is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of global inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity and accessibility that inform academic excellence. We s...
Data Repository Specialist, University of Toronto, Canada, 5 days ago
The University of Arizona Libraries’ Research Engagement office seeks a Data Repository Specialist to support the University of Arizona Research Data Repository (ReDATA). ReDATA is intended to be ...