Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
It is an exciting time to join the Institutional Advancement department as it transforms under new leadership. YU seeks an Associate to be a part of a top performing team and contribute to the University’s development goals. This position supports Major gift officers in all fundraising related activities.
- Prepare presentations for donors
- Write acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Prepare materials for Board meetings and presentations to Board members
- Attend Board meetings and other events
- Transcribe Board minutes
- Work on stewardship and cultivation projects
- Liaise with Research, Communications and Events Departments
- Enter contact information into donor database system
- Answers telephone to assure timely response to all inquiries
- Manage event guest lists, receive and track RSVP responses
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least three years of work experience in development, administrative, writing or related field
Skills and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will be highly flexible and adaptive
- The candidate must be able to learn and assimilate new ideas quickly
- The candidate must have strong technological, communication and organizational skills
- Superior organizational skills and unflagging attention to detail and other graphic programs a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excel in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience using donor data base such a Raiser’s Edge or Banner a plus
- Experienced in the use of Social Media
- Friendly, flexible, confident and responsible, with a sense of humor
- Ability to think creatively and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong interest in the field of development and the Jewish non-profit world
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative team-based environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities/activities
- Able to work flexible hours, which include some evenings and weekends
Research Computing Instruction Lead, Columbia University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Requisition Number: 0009002 Field(s) of Specialization: Digital Scholarship, Foundations for Research Computing Program Position Title: Research Computing Instruction Lead Department: 2203- LIB Co...
Editorial Assistant, Columbia University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Editorial Assistant Job Code Title Editorial Assistant Job Requisition Number 093693 Department 2075- PRV CU Press Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargainin...
Postdoctoral Associate, Cornell University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -MBG -POSTDOC1 [#11375, WDR-00015570] Position Title: Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Cryo-electron Microscopy Biochemistry Cellu...
Cosmology Postdoc, Cornell University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -CLASSEPhysics -POSTDOC [#11452] Position Title: Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Area: Cosmology/Particle Astrophysics Appl Deadline:201...
Postdoctoral Associate In Risk Communication (Department Of Communication); Ithaca, New York, Cornell University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Department of Communication -POSTDOCASSOC [#11354, WDR-00015388] Position Title: Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Area: Communications ...
Educational Postdoctoral Associate (Postdoctoral Associate);Department Of Microbiology Ithaca, New York, Cornell University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Microbiology/CALS -ANGERT [#11468, WDR000-15749] Position Title: Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Microbiology Pedagogy Appl Dead...