Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
It is an exciting time to join the Institutional Advancement department as it transforms under new leadership. YU seeks an Associate to be a part of a top performing team and contribute to the University’s development goals. This position supports Major gift officers in all fundraising related activities.
- Prepare presentations for donors
- Write acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Prepare materials for Board meetings and presentations to Board members
- Attend Board meetings and other events
- Transcribe Board minutes
- Work on stewardship and cultivation projects
- Liaise with Research, Communications and Events Departments
- Enter contact information into donor database system
- Answers telephone to assure timely response to all inquiries
- Manage event guest lists, receive and track RSVP responses
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least three years of work experience in development, administrative, writing or related field
Skills and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will be highly flexible and adaptive
- The candidate must be able to learn and assimilate new ideas quickly
- The candidate must have strong technological, communication and organizational skills
- Superior organizational skills and unflagging attention to detail and other graphic programs a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excel in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience using donor data base such a Raiser’s Edge or Banner a plus
- Experienced in the use of Social Media
- Friendly, flexible, confident and responsible, with a sense of humor
- Ability to think creatively and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong interest in the field of development and the Jewish non-profit world
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative team-based environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities/activities
- Able to work flexible hours, which include some evenings and weekends
Temporary Admissions Associate, Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School Of Management, New York, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 14 hours ago
The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is comprised of the university’s three accredited business schools: The Hotel School, the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, an...
Extension Associate Sp, Cornell University, United States, 1 day ago
University Job Title: Extension Associate SP Level: No Grade - Hourly Pay Rate Type: Hourly Company: Contract College Contact Name: Brenda Herrling Number of Openings: 1 Current Employees: If you ...
Major Gifts Associate, Cornell University, United States, 12 days ago
Position Summary The Major Gifts Associate (MGA) assists Northeast Corridor (NEC) Major Gifts Officers (MGO), 3 of whom work from remote offices. The MGOs manage a portfolio of 100-150 households ...
Development Associate, Weill Cornell Medicine, United States, 11 days ago
Title: Development Associate Location: Midtown Org Unit: Individual Giving Work Days: Monday-Friday Exemption Status: Non-exempt Position Summary Under direction, assists in the cultivation, manag...
Development Assistant, Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Development Assistant Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 094872 Department 4562- CCO CCAAD Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit Local 2110 If ...
Irb Regulatory Associate, Weill Cornell Medicine, United States, 19 days ago
Title: IRB Regulatory Associate Location: Midtown Org Unit: Cancer Board Administration Work Days: Exemption Status: Non-exempt Position Summary Provides administrative, operational and regulatory...