Overview of Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Department at Purdue University Northwest is seeking a Maintenance Technician. The role of the Maintenance Technician is to maintain facilities and provide a comfortable atmosphere for faculty, staff and students by performing a wide variety of repairs and responding to customer requests.
- Monday through Friday from 7:00am -3:30pm
PNW Title: Service Maintenance Worker
Benefits of Maintenance Technician
- Tuition remission at any Purdue campus
- University contribution to retirement of 4% plus up to 4% matching
- University contributions to Health Savings Account –
- Plus a chance to earn more through participating in University Wellness Initiatives
- Employee Wellness Programs
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave after one year of service
- Free Vision Insurance
For more information on our excellent benefit package, please visit: https://www.pnw.edu/human-resources/benefits/
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. PNW sits between Chicago’s skyscrapers and Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. You can have all the perks of a world-class city just a half hour drive away or enjoy the natural beauty of the Indiana Dunes National Park and Lake Michigan just 15 miles away.
Duties and Responsibilities of Maintenance Technician
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical systems and equipment <600 Volts
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain plumbing systems
- Install wall and floor coverings and ceiling systems
- Repair and paint surfaces
- Service door systems, locks, closers etc
- Assist other maintenance staff in a variety of repair and maintenance activities
- Assist in grounds department, shipping & receiving or other areas as needed
Education of Maintenance Technician
- High school diploma/GED
Experience of Maintenance Technician
- 2 years of experience in basic building repairs. Experience in an educational or industry setting is preferred. 4 years experience also preferred.
Core Competencies of Service Maintenance Worker
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks under functional supervision and maintain high levels of productivity, with frequent independent work performed on building systems
- Demonstrated strong customer service, problem solving, written, and verbal skills
- Knowledge of basic math to add subtract multiply and divide; basic computer skills; ability to navigate a database
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments
- Must have knowledge of standard practices and safety practices and procedures and ability to operate all power tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities
- Must have a valid driver's license with good driving record as determined by WL Risk Management via Motor Vehicle Records check
- Majority of work includes walking and standing with very little sitting; climbing stairs and ladders up to 10ft high also included in work day; must be able to lift, push pull and carry up to 50lbs frequently and up to 60lbs occasionally
- May be subject to call back to the University for emergency purposes
- Must work overtime and between campuses as needed
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check along with a motor vehicle records check if applicable.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hvac Mechanic, Central Heating And Cooling, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 13 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Ten paid vacation days first year of employment Ten paid holidays University paid and matching c...
Academic Advisor, School Of Education & Counseling, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 13 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover Uni...
Head Men's Ice Hockey Coach And Director Of Hockey Operations, Intercollegiate Athletics, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 13 hours ago
Part of the internationally respected Purdue University system, Purdue University Northwest offers world-class educational opportunities at an excellent value on two culturally diverse, student-ce...
Visiting Assistant Professor: Hammond And Westville, Indiana, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 5 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPurdue University NorthwestLocationHammond and Westville, IndianaJob CategoryFaculty AppointmentsSalaryTBDSt...
Pnw Lecturer, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 16 days ago
The Department of Engineering Technology at Purdue University Northwest (PNW) invites applications to fill a full-time, non-tenure-track teaching position at the rank of Lecturer in the Department...
Pnw Assistant/Associate Professor, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 13 hours ago
The Department of Engineering Technology in the College of Technology at Purdue University Northwest (PNW) in Hammond, Indiana is accepting applications for a tenure-track assistant or associate p...