Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position performs routine preventive plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC maintenance.
Examples of Work Performed
- Inspects and performs routine preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and parts.
- Documents observations made and actions taken while inspecting machines, equipment, and parts.
- Responds to maintenance emergency calls.
- Replaces or repairs worn, damaged, or leaking plumbing fixtures.
- Repairs and alters existing secondary electrical circuit.
- Services, repairs, or replaces electrical appliances, motors, fuses, switches, and outlets.
- Selects proper materials, reads electrical schematics and uses electrical instruments and hand tools.
- Ensures the provision of an efficient and well maintained electrical service.
- Inspects, cleans and resets boilers.
- Inspects, repairs and replaces light fixtures, ceiling tiles, windows and floors, as needed.
- Performs routine carpentry work.
- Repairs drywall/plaster and paint in guest rooms and public areas as needed.
- Checks, resets, and repairs HVAC equipment.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, Southeastern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
3yrs experience related to the above described duties
Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
General Maintenance Mechanic (Residential Facilities) Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
97364BR Campus: Tempe General Maintenance Mechanic Job Description ***MULTIPLE OPENINGS*** Facilities Management, Residential Facilities, seeks General Maintenance Mechanics to perform maintenance...
Groundskeeper Maintenance Ii, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 1 day ago
Groundskeeper-Maintenance II Greensburg Facilities Management - Pennsylvania-Greensburg - (23008446) Job Summary Responsible for the general and craft maintenance of the residence halls, operation...
Property Operations Assistant, Harvard University, United States, 19 days ago
14-Nov-2023 Campus Services 64254BR Job Summary **Please note this is not an Assistant Property Manager Position** Reports to Property Manager and/or Area Manager and works as part of a team with ...
General Maintenance Mech Lead (Residential Facilities) West Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 8 days ago
97042BR Campus: West Valley General Maintenance Mech Ld Job Description Facilities Management, West campus, seeks a General Maintenance Mechanic Lead whose maintenance background is in institution...
General Maintenance Mechanic West Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 8 days ago
97041BR Campus: West Valley General Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Facilities Management, West campus, seeks a General Maintenance Mechanic whose maintenance background is in institutional, ...
Facilities Services Assistant Supervisor (Zone B) Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
97300BR Campus: Tempe Facilities Svcs Asst Supvr Job Description Facilities Management seeks a Facilities Services Assistant Supervisor to assist with planning and coordinating the staffing of wor...