Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for one of multiple vacancies of the same position.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
Under close supervision perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance duties, assist skilled maintenance repair workers and skilled trade persons in maintenance repair work and perform general custodial maintenance of building and grounds.
- Perform unskilled and semi-skilled minor repair or replacement on doors, windows, walls, steps, floor and/or gutters and assist skilled maintenance workers and trades persons.
- Perform unskilled and semi-skilled minor electrical repair (e.g., bulbs; lighting fixtures, switches, outlets) and assist in skilled electrical repair and/or installation.
- Sweep, mop, wax, and buff floors and dust, wash and clean furniture, windows and walls.
- Perform unskilled and semi-skilled minor repair of plumbing equipment (e.g., sinks, toilets, faucets, pipes, drains) and assist in skilled repair (e.g., steam valves, traps, water lines, pumps).
- Paint window frames, tables and chairs and assist in painting of building interiors, sheds, rooms and equipment.
- Perform general maintenance of grounds (e.g., cut grass, trim hedges, rake leaves, plant flowers and trees, remove snow and ice from walks and driveways) and perform minor repair of grounds equipment.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and to read and write simple sentences plus, 100 hours training in maintenance repair work (e.g., basic electricity; plumbing, carpentry and masonry repair) and use of associated hand and power tools and equipment (or one-month experience); or equivalent. In accordance with Section 124.11 (b) (12) of Revised Code, Director of Administrative Services has determined this classification to be unskilled labor class and therefore exempt from written examination. Some positions may require a valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Exposure to large equipment
- May be exposed to dust, dirt, fumes, noise and heights.
- Will be expected to work some overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- May work in inclement weather
Shift: Varies Starting Pay Rate: $18.33 per hour Post Probationary Rate: $19.25 per hour
Application Deadline: 08/08/2022
Candidacy for this role will be determined by:
- A COMPLETE APPLICATION: Your application MUST indicate material evidence of having the experience, skills, or education required for this position. Document all dates of employment, description of relevant duties, and full-time/part-time status. The complete application will be the sole criteria used by Human Resources to determine eligibility, which is based on the minimum qualifications listed above.
- SUBJECTS AND WEIGHTS:
- TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Eligibility scores and rank will be determined by grading the applicant’s related work history and education.
- EXAMINATION: Application/resume will be reviewed by Human Resources to determine eligibility, which will be based on the minimum qualifications listed above. All qualifying applicants will be notified of the date and time of the written examination via email. Applicants that pass the written examination will be notified regarding next steps. All applicants must show valid photo identification to take the exam.
Do you have active passing test scores on file with HR for this job title? If you would like to qualify for this position using those test scores, upload a letter to the “Additional Documents” section stating your name, address, test score, exam date, and expiration date.
Please note that the preferred method of communication is by email – make sure we have an email on file that you regularly check.
Are you eligible to receive Ex-Veteran Credit? To receive additional credit for military service you must have a DD214 stating you received an Honorable Discharge and must send us a copy. To receive credit do one of the following:
- email a copy to email@example.com
- fax a copy to 513-556-9652
- bring a copy to our office - University Hall, 51 Goodman Drive, Suite 340 (third floor).
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary for this role as described above.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Extension Agent For Horticulture Boone County, University of Kentucky, United States, 20 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Extension Agent for Horticulture - Boone County Requisition Number RE35938 Working Title Department Name 81C07: KCES Region Central Area 07 Work Location ...
Epa Fellowship For Environmental Economics Research: Ohio, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States, about 21 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)LocationCincinnati, OHJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryTBDLast Date to...
Epa Internship For Molecular Biology Laboratory Research: Ohio, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States, 4 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)LocationCincinnati, OhioJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryTBDLast Date ...
Dual Credit Part Time Aviation Faculty, Eastern Kentucky University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Summary Position Title Dual Credit-part time Aviation faculty Position Type Part Time Faculty Position Category PT Faculty Position required to go into K-12 school Yes it's...
Wildlife Technician – Cincinnati, Oh, Plunkett's Pest Control, United States, 8 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPlunkett's Pest ControlLocationCincinnati, OH, USA 41011Job CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOELast Date to...
Public Safety/Emergency Prep Lead, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 6 days ago
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred. Degree requirement may be waived if the candidate brings a minimum of 10 years of experience in higher education or public sector public safety (...