About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The Licensing Compliance Manager will support the commercialization of City of Hope technologies through the management and implementation of procedures that ensure that the Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) remains compliant in its intellectual property reporting obligations to organizations that fund sponsored research, and ensure that licensees of City of Hope technologies remain compliant in their revenue and reporting obligations to OTL.
Areas of responsibility include Bayh-Dole Act compliance, invention reporting compliance for non-federally-funded awards, license maintenance, and database management.
The Licensing Compliance Manager:
- ensures that Institution meets all intellectual property reporting obligations related to federally-funded (e.g. NIH, NSF) awards under the Bayh-Dole Act and non-federally-funded awards.
- monitors reports and updates from licensees to ensure the licensee is in compliance with the terms of their license.
The ideal candidate will have experience with federal reporting requirements in accordance with the Bayh-Dole Act and the ability to review and interpret various contracts, including Sponsored Research and License Agreements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Record new invention disclosures from inventors in internal database (Inteum), obtain additional information from inventors as necessary, and conduct due diligence to verify funding sources, reporting obligations, and other information.
- Complete all intellectual property (IP) obligations with respect to federally-funded award (e.g. National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants, National Science Foundation (NSF) grants) agreements and related terms, including reporting of inventions developed with funding under the applicable agreement; and reporting of any resulting patents, license agreements, and products, within appropriate timeframes as specified in federal guidelines.
- Use Interagency Edison (iEdison) website and other platforms to execute compliance activities related to federal reporting, including recording confirmatory licenses, government support clauses in patent applications, utilization reports, and other documents; resolving notification messages; and coordinating reporting with co-inventors’ institutions.
- Complete all IP obligations with respect to foundation-, corporation-, or state-sponsored Research Agreements and other types of agreements, including tracking any rights the sponsor has to inventions developed under the applicable agreement; reporting of inventions as necessary; and tracking the resulting options and licenses.
- Monitor licensees’ compliance with License Agreement and communicate with appropriate offices of licensee to ensure compliance, including by soliciting and verifying net sales and progress reports; invoicing for license revenue and patent cost reimbursement; and notifying licensees of missed diligence and financial obligations.
- Monitor and log incoming license revenues and patent cost reimbursements through Accounts Receivable. Report appropriate distribution of revenues to Accounts Payable.
- Participate in grant close-out procedures with Office of Sponsored Research.
- Create and maintain databases to track operational and financial metrics, conduct statistical analyses and compile reports for institution stakeholders.
- Draft and update Standard Operating Procedures to memorialize processes and workflow.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years related office experience,
- seven years related office experience
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Experience in a related field of Compliance or Law (particularly Patent Law) and/or Grants Administration in a non-profit setting Familiarity and experience working with commercial industry partners.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected-veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. LI-RA
Licensing Manager, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 8 days ago
Licensing Manager Innovation Institute - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006972) Develops and oversees licensing opportunities for intellectual properties and manages a portfolio of cases. Determines...
Computational Biologist For The Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics (Ref. Lab/23/38), IRB Barcelona, Spain, 21 days ago
1 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IRB Barcelona Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Spain Application Deadline 1 Oct 2...
Intellectual Property Manager , International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 9 days ago
12 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Research...
Assistant Professor , MARIA CURIE-SKLODOWSKA UNIVERSITY IN LUBLIN, Poland, about 8 hours ago
21 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company MARIA CURIE-SKLODOWSKA UNIVERSITY IN LUBLIN Department Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher...
Program Coordinator Sr, Chandler Endeavor, Arizona State University, United States, about 1 month ago
94645BR Off-Campus: Chandler/Gilbert Program Coordinator Sr Job Description Join our award-winning team of entrepreneurs, innovators, and community builders as we work together to create a stronge...
Program Coordinator Sr, Chandler Endeavor, Arizona State University, United States, 2 days ago
95535BR Off-Campus: Chandler/Gilbert Program Coordinator Sr Job Description Join our award-winning team of entrepreneurs, innovators, and community builders as we work together to create a stronge...