About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Licensing Compliance Manager will support the commercialization of City of Hope technologies through the management and implementation of procedures that ensure that the Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) remains compliant in its intellectual property reporting obligations to organizations that fund sponsored research and ensure that licensees of City of Hope technologies remain compliant in their revenue and reporting obligations to OTL.
Areas of responsibility include Bayh-Dole Act compliance, invention reporting compliance for non-federally-funded awards, license maintenance, and database management.
The Licensing Compliance Manager:
•ensures that Institution meets all intellectual property reporting obligations related to federally-funded (e.g. NIH, NSF) awards under the Bayh-Dole Act and non-federally-funded awards.
•monitors reports and updates from licensees to ensure the licensee is in compliance with the terms of their license.
The ideal candidate will have experience with federal reporting requirements in accordance with the Bayh-Dole Act and the ability to review and interpret various contracts, including Sponsored Research and License Agreements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Record new invention disclosures from inventors in internal database (Inteum), obtain additional information from inventors as necessary, and conduct due diligence to verify funding sources, reporting obligations, and other information.
- Complete all intellectual property (IP) obligations with respect to federally-funded award (e.g. National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants, National Science Foundation (NSF) grants) agreements and related terms, including reporting of inventions developed with funding under the applicable agreement; and reporting of any resulting patents, license agreements, and products, within appropriate timeframes as specified in federal guidelines.
- Use Interagency Edison (iEdison) website and other platforms to execute compliance activities related to federal reporting, including recording confirmatory licenses, government support clauses in patent applications, utilization reports, and other documents; resolving notification messages; and coordinating reporting with co-inventors’ institutions.
- Complete all IP obligations with respect to foundation-, corporation-, or state-sponsored Research Agreements and other types of agreements, including tracking any rights the sponsor has to inventions developed under the applicable agreement; reporting of inventions as necessary; and tracking the resulting options and licenses.
- Monitor licensees’ compliance with License Agreement and communicate with appropriate offices of licensee to ensure compliance, including by soliciting and verifying net sales and progress reports; invoicing for license revenue and patent cost reimbursement; and notifying licensees of missed diligence and financial obligations.
- Monitor and log incoming license revenues and patent cost reimbursements through Accounts Receivable. Report appropriate distribution of revenues to Accounts Payable.
- Participate in grant close-out procedures with Office of Sponsored Research.
- Create and maintain databases to track operational and financial metrics, conduct statistical analyses and compile reports for institution stakeholders.
- Draft and update Standard Operating Procedures to memorialize processes and workflow
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years related office experience, -or-
- seven years related office experience.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Contract & Grant Officer, University of California, United States, about 7 hours ago
Requisition Number: 33748 Job Title: RSCH ADM 4 Working Title: Contract & Grant Officer Salary: $5,167 - $13,233 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3090-OFC OF CONTRACT & GRANT ADMIN Depart...
Senior Grant/Contract Officer Office Of Research Administration, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 23 days ago
Requisition # HRC0229363 As a Sr. Grant & Contract Officer (SGCO) and integral member of the centralized Office of Research Administration (ORA), you will report to and work under the guidance of ...
Senior Associate, Business Development And Licensing (Marketing Analyst), Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 3 days ago
Requisition # 21000478 Senior Associate, Business Development and Licensing (Marketing Analyst) sought by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. Duties: Provide support for invention dis...
Clinical Research Finance Analyst I Post Award Cancer Clinical Trials Office (Ccto), Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 17 days ago
Requisition # HRC0568324 The Cancer Clinical Trials Office at Cedars-Sinai Cancer has several operational units that perform specific functions to support investigators and their clinical trials. ...
Associate Director, Development, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 28 days ago
Requisition # HRC0405300A Job Summary: The Associate Director, Development will support implementing strategies and objectives to drive philanthropy and achieve short-term and long-term goals for ...
Physician Compliance Auditor Pbs Compliance, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 11 days ago
Requisition # HRC0573776 The Physician Compliance Auditor is responsible for reviewing and auditing claims, medical records, and charges to ensure compliance with applicable documentation, coding,...