Licensed Practical Nurse II is accountable for the delivery of patient care as delegated by and under the direction of a physician or registered nurse (RN) utilizing the Nursing Process and Relationship-Based Care model as the framework. The Licensed Practical Nurse II provides direct patient care and takes initiative to improve patient outcomes by integrating Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice, Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence into clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Licensed Practical Nurse II functions as an interdisciplinary team member who provides quality patient care and fulfills unit and organizational goals.
- Completes required orientation program and unit-specific competencies.
- Participates in patient assessment as delegated by the registered nurse by observing, collecting, recording and reporting patient data/information.
- Contributes to a plan of nursing care with the registered nurse based on ongoing observations of the patient and input from the patient’s family.
- Implements orders from physician, physician assistant and/or advance practice nurse as delegated by the RN and/or physician and performs interventions as prescribed and documents accurately in the electronic medical record.
- Shares information and collaborates with other members of the health care team to promote effective patient care.
- Recognizes symptoms, establishes priorities and responds to patient’s changing conditions and needs.
- Engages and obtains information from patient and/or family to support an appropriate patient educational plan
- Demonstrates a commitment to UI Health values through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a clean, safe and therapeutic environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advocates for patients, families, and their significant others, the community, and the nursing profession.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence-based research, current standards of practice and clinical experience to provide “quality” patient care as measured by established nursing quality standards and other governing/accrediting health care bodies.
- Recognizes and supports Shared Leadership as the selected method of nursing governance
- Participates in organizational, departmental and shared leadership activities; supports department and unit goals in daily behavior.
- Demonstrates accountability for job performance by: (1) seeking opportunities to enhance job skills and knowledge; (2) maintaining conditions of employment (LPN licensure, BLS and other required unit-specific certifications).
- Adheres to the Medical Center’s Code of Conduct.
- Treats patients/families, staff, students and visitors with respect and dignity.
- Adheres to Nursing’s time, overtime and attendance policies.
- Completes electronic learning modules and related programs as assigned by Medical Center Learning by established date.
- Complies with University Health Services TB, flu compliance and fit-testing requirements.
- Utilizes established communication channels/chain of command to escalate or resolve patient care problems.
- Identifies recurring clinical practice and/or related unit problems and participates in problem solving and resolution.
- Collaborates with other nurses to identify, promote and provide positive learning experiences for staff and students
- Serves as a resource to other nursing staff and students.
- Accesses Medical Center intranet for relevant communication and to review and interpret changes in policy, procedure and other information pertinent to practice
- Supports nursing and multidisciplinary research efforts conducted on the unit and in the Medical Center.
- Takes responsibility for continued professional growth/development by identification of learning needs and initiates strategies to meet such needs.
This person works within the scope of practical nursing as defined by the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and under the direction of a physician or registered nurse (RN). The Director, acting as coach and mentor, provides direction, guidance, and feedback regarding practice and performance. The employee’s performance is evaluated annually in writing and more frequently if needed. The employee and Director, meet on an as needed basis for coaching and mentoring where support, guidance and direction can be given.
Professional Nurse Practitioner Cardiology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, Andorra, about 13 hours ago
Job Summary: Serves as an advanced practice nurse providing primary level of care in collaboration with physicians and other members of the health care team to a specific patient population in the...
Nurse Clinician Labor And Delivery 70903, UTMB Health, United States, 15 days ago
Job ID 70903 Job Title Nurse Clinician - Labor and Delivery Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit NSGSV Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCA...
Corporate Director Of Patient Access And Financial Experience, MGH Institute of Health Professions, United States, about 10 hours ago
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by ...
Patient Registration Specialist I Revenue Cycle Operations Rotating Evening Shifts, Holidays & Weekends (Clear Lake) 70886, UTMB Health, United States, 14 days ago
Job ID 70886 Job Title Patient Registration Specialist I - Revenue Cycle Operations - Rotating Evening Shifts, Holidays & Weekends (Clear Lake) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Clear Lake Busines...
Nurse Clinician Medical/Surgical Unit Clear Lake Campus 68240, UTMB Health, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job ID 68240 Job Title Nurse Clinician - Medical/Surgical Unit - Clear Lake Campus Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Webster Business Unit CLAKE Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qualific...
Paediatric Emergency Department Staff Nurse, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nea...