Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required
- 30 semester hours equals six months
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one year
- 90 semester hours equals eighteen months
- Bachelor Degree (120 semester hours) equals two years (24 months)
- A Master's or higher degree equals four years
(Note: Only a maximum of 4 years credit for college course work is available.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities required in the lower levels of this series.
- Ability to correspond and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Skill in training and supervising the activities of other staff or student workers.
- Skill in exercising appropriate judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions in handling library technical functions.
- Ability to interpret policies, regulations, and standards while making adaptations to existing bibliographic and holdings records, creating holdings and item records, or adapting other citations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, or verify complicated bibliographic or holdings records, or to create complicated holdings records.
- Working knowledge of online databases and library system technology.
- Ability to identify sources and follow-up on detailed user requests.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to use productivity software.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below. Please upload all valid certifications and transcripts within the document section of your online application.
Documentation of high school completion (official transcripts, copy of diploma or GED certificate) is required in order to be eligible for this position within the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment.
You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If a degree or college coursework is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, please have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than November 10, 2021.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Student Affairs Officer Maastricht Graduate School Of Governance (1,0 Fte), Maastricht University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Student Affairs Officer Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (1,0 fte) Student Affairs Officer Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (1,0 fte) Published Deadline Location 7 Jan 23 Jan Maast...
Fish And Wildlife Technician (White River Wildlife Area Technician): Oregon, Oregon De4partment of Fish and Wildlife, United States, 15 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyOregon De4partment of Fish and WildlifeLocationTygh Valley, OregonJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$2,92...
Financial Administrator, Carleton University, Canada, about 21 hours ago
If you are an internal applicant, please make sure to update your current union status in your candidate profile each time you apply for a vacancy. Internal candidates will be given priority consi...
Department Of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy Institute Of Pharmacy University Professor Of Pharmaceutical Biology Salary Grade: W3 Or Equivalent Reference Code: Pharmazeutische Biologie Bewerbungsende: 17.02.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of pharmaceutical biology. Appointment requirements are governed by Section 100 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (Berliner ...
Administrative Student Affairs Coordinator, McGill University, Canada, 14 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Financial Analyst, HHMI, United States, about 15 hours ago
Primary Work Address: 4000 Jones Bridge Road, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. HHMI is focused on supporting and moving science forward ...