Location: United States,
Internal Number: 2868
Special Instructions to Applicants : All interested applicants must attach a cover letter and a resume in the Supporting Documents section of the application in a PDF format . Please note that the applicant tracking system does not convert attachments in Word format successfully.
The library associate for the Business Information Center (BIC) serves as a reference and research resource to the faculty, students, and staff of the Jones Graduate School of Business. Under the supervision of the BIC's director, the library associate provides tutorials, assistance, and guidance on using the tools the center offers. The ideal candidate possesses a working knowledge of library processes and procedures as well as a strong customer service skill-set.
Schedule : Tuesdays through Saturdays, afternoons and evenings
Hourly Hiring Range: $19.00 to $21.00
- Associates Degree
- In lieu of the education requirement, additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year-for-year basis may be substituted
- 1 year of customer service and/or administrative experience
- Ability to search specialized online database
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel skills
- Ability to perform library research in digital and physical environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stay current with technology changes in the university's library services platform and business databases
- Ability to use and support library tools such as digital scanners, printers, and learning management software like Canvas
- Strong customer service skills
- Good understanding of Library of Congress classification system
- Provides intermediate reference services and research guidance to on- / off-site researchers
- Provides assistance with the university's library management system
- Provides guidance and assistance on how to use all online resources, all paper resources, and all library equipment and tools
- Assists with developing specialized subject handouts
- Assists with developing and teaching library tutorials to specialized groups and the wider Rice University community
- Assists in locating, acquiring and organizing materials for the library's collection
- Serves as a resource for specialized and technical questions and provides guidance to student workers and other library staff in the interpretation and application of library rules and policies
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Para-professional librarian experience
Rice University HR | Benefits: https://knowledgecafe.rice.edu/benefits
Rice Mission and Values: Mission and Values | Rice University
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Faculty and staff are expected (but not required) to have completed a full vaccination series for COVID-19 (currently defined as full course COVID-19 Vaccine (typically two shots of a WHO-approved COVID-19 Vaccine or one J&J) and a COVID-19 booster. Rice does not require documentation for COVID 19 vaccination at this time for faculty and staff. More information can be found here: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/policies.
Data Scientist & Visualization Specialist, Libraries, University of Toronto, Canada, 21 days ago
James Madison University Libraries is accepting applications for a Data Scientist & Visualization Specialist. As a member of the Data Analytics Team in Libraries’ Administration, this position adv...
Bulk Import Specialist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 8 hours ago
Bulk Import Specialist Technical Services - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008671) This is a regular full-time position in Technical Services in the Thomas Blvd. building. The hours of work are Mond...
Deputy University Librarian, University of Toronto, Hong Kong, 9 days ago
Hong Kong Baptist University Library aspires to be a vibrant and dynamic information hub, devoted to facilitating knowledge creation within the HKBU community. We are deeply committed to providing...
Senior Library Clerk Circulation Services, McGill University, Canada, 9 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Irc258240, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Why your role is important The Graduate/Specialist, Library Projects is embedded in the Operations and Quality department – a group that coordinates Library quality assurance, including governance...
Technician Plant Microbiome, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
For two of our projects, MicroHealth (80% of your time) and Promise II (20% of your time), we are looking for a technician that will support the work of a PhD candidate and a postdoctoral research...