Library Assistant - Student (Fall) -
: Engineering Dean
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: 10 - 20 hrs per week. Work schedule to be determined by availability and office need.
Salary Range: $10.00 - $12.00 Negotiable based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
The OTL Library Assistant is not part of OU libraries.
The OTL Library Assistant will be responsible for:
assisting the librarian with basic operating functions of the Oklahoma Transportation Library (OTL)
working autonomously or in a group environment digitizing, cataloging, and binding publicly available technical manuals, research reports, and other documents
helping execute long and short-term objectives supporting the strategic plan of the library to become one of the top ten transportation libraries in the country
assisting in organizing events and traveling to in-state conferences, and promotion of library events
- additional duties include transcription of text, application of metadata to digital objects, development of content for the Oklahoma Transportation Library website, answering the office phone, transportation of materials between locations on campus, and attending regular library committee meetings both on campus and at the Oklahoma Department of Transportation in Oklahoma City, OK
- perform other duties as assigned
Training will be provided
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach Fall 2019 class schedule.
- General office/clerical duties
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Customer service
- Proficient computer skills
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Aug 22, 2019