The Vancouver Campus Librarian oversees the Learning Commons and coordinates planning, implementation and problem solving for all Vancouver Library functions. Key areas of responsibility include reference services, library user instruction, access services, collection development, hiring and supervision of library student workers, interlibrary loan, and supporting campus and university library strategic planning. Secondary areas of responsibility are faculty syllabus support, technical services support, general library programming and LibGuide development.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science.
- 3 years full-time professional experience in an academic library setting.
- A strong interest in the breadth of library services offered in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of current resources and practices in academic libraries, particularly in areas of reference service, access services, and library user instruction.
- Experience with academic library policies and practices.
- Experience with integrated library systems, preferably ILLiad and AlmaPrimo, and knowledge of online database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-resolution skills, including demonstrated success with analyzing, organizing, and presenting information, an ability to prioritize assignments, and an aptitude for complex, analytical work with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility appropriate for a dynamic, team-based work setting, with a willingness to participate in collaborative problem-solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including teams with members in other locations
- Ability to work with diverse groups and populations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and write proficiently using the English language.
- Ability to interact and speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of people.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School’s Vision, Mission, Values and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to campus needs.
- Monitors own performance; accepts responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School’s Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School’s Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School’s Vision, Mission and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School’s strategic plan and key strategies.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to stand, bend and stretch.
- Ability to travel and maneuver between site locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Public Services Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 18 days ago
96939BR Campus: West Valley Public Services Specialist Job Description The Fletcher Library on the West campus seeks a Public Services Specialist to provide excellent information and circulation a...
Senior Library Clerk Circulation Services, McGill University, Canada, 9 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Library Communications & Public Engagement Manager , ;, Ireland, 3 days ago
Applications are invited for a permanent post of a Library Communications & Public Engagement Manager within UCD Library. The mission of UCD Library is to be a leader in enriching the student expe...
Irc258240, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Why your role is important The Graduate/Specialist, Library Projects is embedded in the Operations and Quality department – a group that coordinates Library quality assurance, including governance...
Senior Cataloger For Portuguese And Spanish Language Resources, Harvard University, United States, 13 days ago
16-Nov-2023 Harvard Library 64354BR Job Summary Although the position will remain posted until filled, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by end of day on January 2, 2024. Information and...
Makerspace Specialist, Unlv University Libraries [R0139642], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 2 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Makerspace Specialist, UNLV University Libraries [R0139642] ROLE of the POSITION Reporting to the Director, School of Medicine Library,...