|Job Title||Lecturer, Chemistry|
|Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications||
Application Deadline: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 10, 2020. Second considerations may be given to applications received by June 1, 2020. Applications received after the second consideration date (June 1, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Chemistry at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a Lecturer position.
Appointment is for academic year 2020 – 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise laboratory sections and teaching assistants, teach large lecture courses in general chemistry,
1. Earned Ph.D. in chemistry or closely-related field (as of 6/1/2020).
2. Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of academic excellence.
3. Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of teaching strategies to enhance learning for a diverse body of students.
4. Demonstrated evidence of teaching effectiveness.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Experience teaching general chemistry.
2. Experience supervising laboratory teaching assistants.
3. Experience with remote or online teaching.
|Union||AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors|
|Status||Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, Limited|
|End Date of Restriction or Limitation||
Position is full-time, academic year, limited to 06-19-2021 with anticipated renewal.
|Extension Contingent on Funding Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover Letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) “Other Document” – names and contact information of three professional references.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/7204|