Learning Technology Spec
EdPlus at ASU is currently seeking a collaborative, driven Learning Technologist who loves learning, seeks challenge, is committed to improvement, and is enthusiastic about joining our high-performing Instructional Design and New Media team.
In this role you will provide a range of services, which include developing technology enhanced pedagogical solutions, platform integration, user documentation, and consulting services designed and tailored to meet the needs of the Study Hall learners. Study Hall is expanding collaboration with Complexly, the creators of CrashCourse, and YouTube. Study Hall helps students navigate the complex world of college and learn the concepts they need to gain access to and succeed in college. Connecting accelerated pathways that allow both early progress towards a degree alongside a wider ability to serve students wherever they are. You will work collaboratively across multiple teams to plan, test, and implement new technologies, track trends and new technologies in the field, and recommend opportunities to employ new tools and approaches to meet user needs, specific to Study Hall.
- Provide instructional technology support to staff and faculty, including technical suggestions and recommendations and creating course shells
- Explore, test and recommend new features, plugins, and integrations that can enhance the platform's functionality and user experience
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to LMS/Google Classroom, working closely with the support and engineering teams when necessary.
- Create comprehensive documentation and training materials, including user guides and video tutorials, to assist users in maximizing Google Classroom's potential.
- Participate as team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through innovative and technology-supported solutions, and prepare associated documentation and end-user training.
- Collaborate effectively with instructional designers, stakeholders, program directors and product teams to implement enhancements based on feedback and research findings
- Utilize LMS data and analytics tools to track student performance and engagement
- Provide proactive solutions to potential challenges and communicate updates to users (Study Hall course teams).
- Participate in testing new features and updates to ensure their functionality, usability, and adherence to educational best practices.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops for instructors and graders on effectively using Google Classroom as an online learning platform.
- Assume or coordinate other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Associates degree in Business, Communications, Information Technology or closely related AND two (2) years web content, graphic design or electronic publishing; OR, any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education, Instructional Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Evidence of effective communication skills and the ability to convey technical information clearly to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated passion for education and a commitment to driving positive learning outcomes through technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the LTI standard and how products that support it integrate with learning management systems.
- Experience with:
- Using education technology, learning management systems, or online teaching platforms (Google Classroom, Canvas, edX, etc.)
- Using and supporting technology tools
- Working in a help center or customer service environment.
- Writing, proofreading and editing instructional materials.
- Authoring knowledge base articles and tutorials.
- Creating and editing basic HTML web pages.
- Evaluating emerging technologies that have potential value for online teaching and learning.
- Providing technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff in a higher education environment.
- Managing course enrollment and access requests and issues.
- Using Google Classroom and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) applications.
- Leveraging a variety of eLearning delivery tools in the design and delivery of robust, engaging and interactive online educational experiences.
- Understanding how artificial intelligence can be leveraged in supporting digital learning experiences
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
- Financial Security
- Family Resources
- Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
EdPlus Instructional Design
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$46,800 - $66,200 per year; DOE
Please see above.
Associates degree in Technology, Instructional Design, Communications, or closely related AND two (2) years web content, graphic design or electronic publishing; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Please see above.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability.
EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.
EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
- Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
- Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
- Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position.
- ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
- Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Digital Solutions Manager (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 18 hours ago
The Digital Solutions Manager at the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) bridges the divide between technology, business, and human processes. Reporting directly to the Director of Digital ...
Financial Services Representative (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 26 days ago
The Financial Services Representative position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Financial Services Representative advises new and continuing students with the educational funding pla...
Cloud Computing Engineer Iii, The University of Arizona, United States, 11 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Cloud Computing Engineer III United States | req18390 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Cloud Computing Engineer III Posting Number req18390 Department Infrastructure ...
Assistant / Associate / Full Professor In Cybersecurity And Dependability: 2023 2024, KING ABDULLAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Description The Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Division at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) invites applications for multiple faculty po...
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 18 hours ago
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator position is a full-time employment opportunity reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager . The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Coordinator will work with the A/R t...
Transcript Administrator, The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 11 days ago
The Transcript Administrator position is a full-time employment opportunity supporting UAGC’s Office of the Registrar. Reporting to the Transcript Administration Manager, the Transcript Administra...