Lead Research Tech – Guinan Lab
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Exciting opportunity for a well-trained scientist to join the Guinan lab, a translational human immunology laboratory with a history of successfully conducting basic and preclinical experiments on new biologic and cellular agents. The lab then conducts/participates in proof-of-concept studies locally, nationally, and internationally. We seek an experienced senior technician/scientist able and willing to participate as an intellectual contributor to the research program and design and execution of experiments. Applicants must have a strong background in human immunology with a focus on T cells and regulatory T cells. The lead research technician will participate in the preclinical development and early assessment of novel therapeutics with multiple potential applications. Applicants will be expected to participate in manuscript preparation and authorship, conferences, and data presentations.
- Designing and executing basic human immunology and pre-clinical studies to develop and advance novel therapeutic approaches from discovery into clinical development, including generating data for IND filings, internal or collaborative investigations and manuscripts.
- Acquiring and organizing samples related to multi-institutional clinical/translational studies and performing SOP-defined real-time or delayed batch analyses on samples and cell products as required by study documents.
- Documentation and presentation of scientific data, manuscript preparation.
- Provide mentoring and trouble-shooting expertise for junior technicians for defined projects and participate in training new staff.
- Participate in a collaborative, small laboratory with NIH and industrial funding and multiple external collaborators.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures for new or special assignments and may coordinate activities of other staff.
- Bachelor's required; Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience.
- Preference to candidates with Ph.D. and/or 5+ years of experience working in scientific research setting or comparable technology-oriented business.
- Industrial or academic experience in immunology and/or drug development a strong plus.
- Having broad expertise of unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to develop resolution to critical issues and broad design issues of significant impact to the Institute.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Can work both independently and with other team members as required.
- Minimum 2 years of availability
Required Technical Skills
- Cell culture, primarily isolation and culture of primary human blood-derived immune cells.
- Multicolor flow cytometry (preferably MACSQuant). FACS sorting a plus.
- Immunological, including mixed lymphocyte reactions, proliferation, and suppression assays
- Molecular biology and RT- PCR, apoptosis assays.
- Other qualities required: Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills. Critical data analysis and interpretation, complex problem solving. Eager to learn new techniques and able to motivate colleagues. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to work within a highly interactive environment. Able to build and manage strong collaborative relationships with internal and external groups.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/lead-research-tech-guinan
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Research Scientist, Harvard University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Details Title Research Scientist School Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Department/Area Cardiac Cell Biology and Tissue Engineering Position Description The Park...
Research Scientist, Harvard University, United States, 3 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Biological/Biomedical Sciences Internal Number: 13207 School: Harvard John A. Paulson School ...
Research Tech, Brandeis University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity for a Research Technician in the Grienberger lab. If you are looking for an opportunity to work at a beautiful university campus w...
Assistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor Bioengineering Boston, Northeastern University, United States, about 19 hours ago
About the Opportunity The Department of Bioengineering at Northeastern University is seeking outstanding individuals to fill a full-time non-tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/...
Bioinformatics Data Analyst, School Of Medicine, Genetics, Molecular Medicine (23500558771123), Boston University, United States, about 17 hours ago
The Biomedical Genetics Section in the Department of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) is seeking to fill a full-time position requiring computer programming and data analysi...
Assistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor Bioengineering Boston, Northeastern University, United States, 5 days ago
Details Posted: 28-Nov-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Education Internal Number: 4817736 Assistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor -...