*Updated 9/16/2020*: At this time, this position is actively recruiting and accepting applications.
Ensure the cleanliness, safety and appearance of assigned buildings in accordance with established standards. Plan and coordinate daily work assignments to cover vacancies, provide continuous delivery of services, and ensure equitable distribution of work. Train, coach, support and supervise custodians in single or multiple locations. Interface with customers to resolve problems and complaints and respond to queries. Maintain an inventory of custodial tools, supplies and equipment and maintain on-site administrative records. Perform custodial duties to cover vacancies, absences or special requests. Required to respond to campus crises situations to enhance public safety and minimize infrastructure damage.
- High school diploma/GED
- Two years of custodial experience with four years of total work experience
- One year of supervision experience
- Must have completed initial entry training, or be enrolled in program within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to functionally supervise and train moderate sized (12 – 18) groups
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required; must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers, fill out work orders, give and direct work assignments, and communicate both verbally and in writing with customers
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematics
- Good work organization ability
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be able to work well with others
- Working knowledge of powered and non-powered floor care equipment
- Computer experience
- Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding building maintenance and security
- Ability to lift and carry 10 to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally required
- Required to work outdoors 10% of the time in temperatures below 32 degrees
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license
- Knowledge of campus buildings and locations
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- This position may require mandatory overtime to support the business need
- This position is considered “essential personnel” in support of campus operations
- This position requires availability for 24-hour call-back
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Internship For Whin Initiative, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 12 hours ago
This internship position will support the Ivy Tech activities affiliated with the Wabash Heartland Innovation Network (WHIN) initiative, which involves programs in Digital Agriculture and Advanced...
Office Coordinator Chancellor's Office, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 11 days ago
Provide administrative support to the Chancellor and Assistant Director of Administration. Coordinate and supervise high-profile events, receptions and meetings sponsored by the Chancellor's Offic...