Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field. 4 years of relevant experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for providing advanced analysis and documentation, formulating logical statements of business and management problems, and providing solutions to problems utilizing more efficient operational procedure, work flow, and information technology solutions for institutional activities.
- Independently solves complex technical issues and/or prepares detailed specifications from which programs are written.
- Analyzes and revises system logic and documentation.
- Works on all phases of application system analysis and/or programming activities.
- Serves as a role model/mentor to Applications Systems Analysts. Works with all levels of staff as required for projects and is accountable for team outcomes.
- Applies advanced analysis and documentation to look past the initial problem and understand the larger picture.
- Focuses on the whole system/application and integration of systems.
- Provides technical planning and direction based on goals of the institution.
- Manages multiple complex activities within the scope of project. Designs and/or modifies plans and procedures.
- Identifies training needs for customer and team members.
- Proactively partners with customers to meet their needs.
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of institution, department and customer mission and goals.
- Interacts with executive sponsor and provides status updates to project leadership.
- Recommends ways to improve productivity, reduce costs, enhance revenue and maximize effectiveness of overall operations through automated solutions based on customer/user needs.
- Provides technical guidance and direction in the development, implementation and maintenance of information systems.
- May function as team leader.
- Serves as liaison with vendors and/or business partners and their products and services.
- Participates as a team member.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure..
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Salary range for this position is from $76,538 - $122,462 annually, commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is CS24
- Thorough Epic Clarity Data Model knowledge
- Strong SQL proficiency
- Experience formulating queries from complex relational databases using the following tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Developer
- EPIC Clarity certification preferred
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus, other industries also considered.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Lead Applications System Analyst: EPIC Clarity - Clinical Data Management (Galveston)
Job ID: 57229
Business Unit: HOSPT
Nursing Clinical Teaching Specialist, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, United States, about 5 hours ago
Reports to:Dean BASIC FUNCTION: The Clinical Teaching Specialist is a nursing faculty specialist, 9 month position with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The position has clinical expertise...
Vice President For Institutional Advancement, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Summary The University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) is seeking a dynamic vice president with a strategic, collaborative leadership style who will partner with internal leaders, vo...
Business Consultant, Sbdc, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, United States, about 5 hours ago
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) is seeking a “hands-on” and highly motivated and creative individual to join our team as our Business Consultant. This position provides busine...
Business Accounts Manager, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, United States, 5 days ago
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) STEM Academy is seeking a collaborative and motivated individual to join our team as the BUSINESS ACCOUNTS MANAGER. With a duel reporting line ...
Institutional Research Associate, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, United States, 12 days ago
The University of Texas of the Permian seeks an Institutional Research Associate. Reporting to the Director of the Office of Institutional Research Planning and Effectiveness the Institutional Re...
Academic Advisor Ii College Of Business, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, United States, about 5 hours ago
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) is seeking a student centered individual to join our team as our ACADEMIC ADVISOR II in the College of Business. The successful individual will...