Lead Administrative Assistant will provide support for the Head of the Department of Psychological Sciences. Schedule meetings/appointments and prepare, distribute, and mail correspondence. Manage the main office and serve as main contact person for the main office/Department Head's office. Answer inquiries and direct calls as necessary. Coordinate postings of faculty vacancies, tracking applicant information, and scheduling applicant interviews and itineraries. Assist international faculty and staff with visa processing. Prepare forms and serve as liaison to the International Student Services office. Track donor information in departmental databases and prepare gift acknowledgement letters. Responsible for coordinating departmental receptions.
- A high school diploma/GED or equivlent
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, balance multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
- Organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Computer and related software skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to proactively resolve issues or improve processes
- Drafting, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to lead others and provide direction and constructive feedback
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with individuals at all levels within and external to the university to support department needs
- Ability to identify problems and implement or recommend solutions
• This was formerly classified as an operational/technical position; an internal lateral transfer will retain same benefit standing
• Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
• A background check will be required for employment in this position
• FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
• Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer; all individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Proctor Assessment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 12 hours ago
Provide general college information about services. Administer certification and academic exams through the Center. Schedule appointments for exams including determining candidate eligibility and ...