The lawn maintenance worker is responsible for performing a variety of manual and technical work specifically related to grounds care and maintenance. The primary role of this position includes the operation of commercial lawn mowers and weed trimmers at CVTC’s West Campus . This position reports to the Facilities Supervisor.
- Operate commercial mowing machines, lawn mowers, and weed trimmers.
- Maintain a groomed and clean outdoor environment; sweep walks, pick up trash, and pick up clippings.
- Perform work at other campuses as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor.
- General maintenance and upkeep of lawn-care equipment.
- Operate College vehicles on and off campus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety information and operational instruction.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in turf management preferred.
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years-old and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; includes meeting all requirements as indicated by CVTC’s insurance carrier.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.
As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711
Visiting Assistant Professor Computer Science, Mathematics, United States, 1 day ago
POSITION: Two year Visiting Assistant Professor position in the Department of Computer Science for academic years 2020-21 and 2021-22, beginning August 24, 2020. Salary will be commensurate with q...