Starting Salary Range: Commensurate With Experience
Employee group: Casual
Employee subgroup: Non exempt
Schedule: Mon-Fri 18 hrs per week
Location: East Baltimore
Under the general supervision of a faculty investigator, the individual is responsible for performing routine analyses and tests on animal or human fluids and/or tissue or cultured cell lines.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Perform routine lab experiments, including basic tissue culture, electrophoretic separations, basic molecular biology, and histology and biological science techniques.
- Caring for laboratory animals. Perform standardized experimental protocols. Prepare animals for surgery, and care for animals after surgery.
- Keeping records of the conduct and outcome of laboratory analyses. Enter data into a database.
- Preparing graphs, charts and tables from experimental results for inclusion in presentations, publications and grant proposals.
- Work requires basic use of scientific methods, procedures and techniques gained through previous training and experience.
- Uses basic understanding of theory behind experiments and applies basic analytical skills to implement assigned projects, and to identify and trouble-shoot situations needing special attention.
- Follows established procedures or protocols and utilizes aseptic technique to perform laboratory tests and/or experiments
- Utilize in vivo models (e.g. cell cultures) in experiments.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures, counts orders upon receipt.
High School Diploma/GED with some science coursework.
Training Certificate from Technical Institute preferred. Certificate from technical institute or internship experience preferred.
Research Specialist, HHMI, United States, about 23 hours ago
Research Specialist Tracking Code 715-908 Job Description The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) has an opening for a skilled biochemist to provide assistance to multiple projects in the labor...
Research Technician C, Yeshiva University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time facult...
Technician A Ccti, Columbia University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Technician A - CCTI Job Code Title 510214 Job Requisition Number 091349 Department 7519- MED Medicine Location Medical Center Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit 119...
Technician B, Columbia University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Technician B Job Code Title Technical 4 Job Requisition Number 091686 Department 7566- PHY Physiology Location Medical Center Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit 119...
Director, Digital Pathology, Columbia University, United States, 18 days ago
Job Title Director, Digital Pathology Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 091405 Department 7538- PAT Pathology Location Medical Center Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If tem...
Assistant Director, Columbia University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Director Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 091633 Department 7538- PAT Pathology Location Medical Center Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporary, i...