About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents .
Provide technical support for instructional, research, experimental and other related activities in support of laboratory courses in the Chemistry and Biology department. Will work under the supervision of the Science & Engineering Lab Coordinator and will be based primarily on the Charlestown campus. Will also provide support for weekend and evening courses.
- Assemble, install and operate equipment, instrumentation and other apparatus in classroom or laboratories in support of research and instructional activities.
- Adjusts, calibrates and tests technical, laboratory and/or other instructional equipment and components according to specifications, standards, diagrams, technical manuals, and/or instructions of professional staff and faculty.
- Prepare materials for laboratory experiments, tests, and instruction.
- Demonstrate for and provide instruction to students and other laboratory users in the proper operation, care and maintenance of laboratory and instructional equipment.
- Set up and conduct experiments and class exercises; collect and/or assist in the collection of data; prepare and perform data analysis; and assist with research projects.
- Maintains the cleanliness and safety of laboratory according to established standards and procedures utilizing procedures such as disposing of contaminants, washing and sterilizing glassware, and inspecting temperature control equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment; orders laboratory materials as needed.
- Performs related duties such as maintaining records, logs and schedules of equipment use, maintenance and repair.
- One year of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in laboratory work;
- Associate Degree or higher in a laboratory science field (Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or Biology preferred); may substitute for a required work experience depending on academic laboratory experience
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary: $1,820.73 bi-weekly
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m.
Closing Date: September 25, 2023
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE
Senior Special Project Coordinator (Mandel Foundation Grant): Humanities To Career Bunker Hill Com, Bunker Hill Community College, United States, 6 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Boston, MA, US, 02129 Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Arts/Humanities Internal Number: 233265158 Location: Boston, MA Category: Professional Staff ...
Research Tech, Brandeis University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity for a Research Technician in the Grienberger lab. If you are looking for an opportunity to work at a beautiful university campus w...
Research Scientist, Harvard University, United States, 7 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Biological/Biomedical Sciences Internal Number: 13207 School: Harvard John A. Paulson School ...
Registered Nurse, Acute Cardiac Care Unit (36 Hours), Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 23-Nov-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Internal Number: 72796BR Job Summary This Registered Nurse will be responsible for: Providing ca...
Environmental Services Floor Care Tech Ii Overnight Shift Waltham, Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 7 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Waltham, Massachusetts Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 72832BR Job Summary *Environmental Service positions are currently eligibl...
Staff Accountant / Sr. Staff Accountant, Boston College, United States, 7 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 8354 Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Bo...